Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Energy star washer tearing the walls down!

GE Washer tub loose shaking uncontrollably WJRE5550H1WW

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Viic3209

Viic3209

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I Only drink Crown unless I'm watching a ballgame.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

Okay, So I have a GE Energy star top load washer, model number:WJRE5550H1WW that has now started beating the outer tub against the walls of the washer every time it goes into a spin. It is so bad that I have not washed clothes in it for the last week! And with two children, and two adults that each work 12 hours a day, well- it is just not working. Otherwise my washer works fine, no leaks, and is quiet as long as the tub is not moving. I did manage to take the top off of the washer last night and I saw where there are 4 black bungey type rubber cords that do not look tight. and from the sole fact that I didn't see any brackets holding the outer tub up, I'm guessing that this could be a problem? Any help would be great! I'm not afraid of doing the work myself if it is something this small because I am used to working on cars, but if it is going to cost as much to fix it as it would for me to get a new washer, well lets face it, I'm not going to waste my time! I can also upload pics tonight when I get home from work If I need to.

Thanks!
Victoria

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RussTech

RussTech

Kohai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Heineken

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

Well, your suspension is shot. It could have happened due to normal wear and tear, or it could be due to a failed cam mode shifter. A little solenoid that switches it from agitate to spin. To check, pop the panel off the front of the machine by sliding a putty knife between the top and the front panel. Theres two clips you have to depress, one on each side, and the front panel pops right off. Now get down and look at that motor, it has a little led that will flash diagnostic codes if something like the mode shifter has failed.

Posted Image
Even if it is giving you a code, record the code, and then reset the inverter board

To Reset the Inverter Board: Push the timer knob in so the washer is idle. Unplug the machine for one minute. Plug back in and raise and lower the lid six times within 12 seconds
Did the Inverter board resume normal operation after reset? Hopefully so, or it wasnt giving any error codes in the first place. In that case, replace you front and rear suspension.

Front Suspension
Part number: WH16X10057

Part number: WH16X10057

Rear Suspension
Part number: WH16X545

Part number: WH16X545

All the cool diagrams and Inverter board reset info is from a page posted by our venerable host, the Samurai
Check out his full post on this style of machine at: http://fixitnow.com/...asher-wont-run/

Edited by RussTech, 11 July 2012 - 04:11 PM.

#3 RussTech

RussTech

Kohai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Heineken

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Heres a diagram just for fun
Posted Image

#4 Viic3209

Viic3209

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

OKay, is there a way to tell if the suspension rods are bad or not? The part in my washer that matches the parts you gave me look perfectly fine. and it isn't the bottem of the tub, just the top, and that is where the black bungy cord type rubber pieces are. they look like these:
Shock Dampening Device

Item # 2289
Posted Image

And if this is the same pice, then they sure as hell aren't straight like the pic. all four of them look completely broken and bent in half on the inside of that rubber.

#5 Viic3209

Viic3209

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

It is part 370 in the cabinent, cover, and front panel diagram. I would put the diagram up but this website keeps blocking it.

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:36 AM

I would put the diagram up but this website keeps blocking it.

Shouldn't be... What are you trying to post?

#7 Viic3209

Viic3209

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

just a pic of the diagram for this washer.

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

How are you trying to post it? Are you using the link to the actual image itself combined with the image button in the editor window?

#9 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

... the diagram up but this website keeps blocking it.

maybe diagram from a parts web-site that this board doesn't like
# 370
Posted Image

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics