Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore 110.24862300 - spin cycle

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jmm

jmm

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

I wrote a couple weeks ago about this washer not spinning - diagnosed a clutch and whi;le I was in there - reolace the drive block. I replaced both the clutch and drive block today. First try on the spin cycle and the tub was bucking like crazy. I tore it down again and realized I did not have the drive block on correctly - thought it was an easy fix. I put it on right and tightened it down with the spanner wrench just like in the video but no luck - it still bucks like crazy when it gets up to speed. I even put the old drive block back on, checked the mounting bolts for the drive assembly to see that they were tight, looked at all the suspension springs, etc to see that I had not inadvertently done something to them - no obvious problem. Any idea what I messed up? Laundry was done yesterday so I have a couple days to get out of hot water....

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Nick@AegisAppliance

Nick@AegisAppliance

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Blue Moon

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

When you were replacing the drive block- did you have to pull up hard on the basket to get it out? Sometimes when the basket is pulled on too hard it, it can mis-align the suspension pads on the base (Ive made this mistake before). On top of each "leg" from the base (there are 3) you will find either a brown or white pad make sure they are all there and not broken. above that, you will see a plate that the whole tube assembly rests on, and on the plate you will see shiny wear marks. make sure those marks line up the the white or brown pads below them. If they are off, then you will find that your machine will shake uncontrollably under any size load, even empty.

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

Maybe bad / loose connection at Washer Motor
May be a bad Speed (Cycle) Switch
(try it set for different speeds)
Post YouTube video ?
http://www.repaircli...tDetail/1454262

Selector-Switch-W10150079-01073606.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 jmm

jmm

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

I did have to pull pretty hard to get the tub out - I will check the suspension alignment tonight - busy working outside in the 90 degree, high humidity environment for the rest of today. Makes me appreciate the office during the week....Thanks for the help!

#5 jmm

jmm

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

Just looked and the pads were definitely out of line. Is there a repair video or instructions on how to line those buggers up and/or replace them? One of them is definitely broken.

#6 Nick@AegisAppliance

Nick@AegisAppliance

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Blue Moon

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

Parts and video here
http://www.repaircli.../><br /><br />I was looking at the video, and when I replaced those pads I just used one arm to lift the tub assembly up and replaced each pad one at a time with my other hand.Just be careful not to let it slip or you could smash a finger or two.. or your whole hand! You could also have someone help tilt the tub assembly. But since you have already disassembled this unit from top to bottom, doing it as the video shows wont hurt you any.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics