Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool LA9200W Washer On Last Legs - Seeking Replacement Advice

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 az_repair_gal

az_repair_gal

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Corona

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

@Scottthewolf - LG employs on all continents - including North America (LG Electronics Alabama employs ~900 workers).

I sense that you have a personal investment in this issue. I am familiar with Whirlpool's battle with Korean competitors, and I agree - up to a point. I am opposed to outsourcing and "work visa" hiring that directly impacts domestic employment. This, however, is a trade issue. The U.S. benefits from trade relations with other countries; in order to be able to export our products, we must also allow imports. Did you know that Whirlpool exports 12% of its products to other countries? That they have manufacturing plants in Mexico, China, Russia, India, and Poland? Whirlpool won duties on South Korean and Mexican refrigerators in the very same month last year that they shut down an Arkansas refrigerator plant and moved production to Mexico. So I am not sure that I feel much sympathy for Whirlpool, the outsourcer. And, I'm also not convinced - based on Whirlpool's track record - that buying the Cabrios made in Clyde, Ohio will in any way help those workers to keep their jobs. No matter how many washers are sold, Whirlpool will ultimately move manufacturing wherever it is cheapest and most expedient. It would not surprise me in the least if at some point the company moves production of its washers to Korea. How would that be for irony?

But this is a laundry repair forum... not a political forum. I sought purchase advice based solely on features and ease of repair. If the Cabrio had received better ratings from CR and consumers than its Korean counterparts, then that is what I would be buying. Bottom line: if Whirlpool wants to compete in a global economy, the company should spend less time and money lobbying the Feds and invest more of its resources in making a quiet, reliable product that Americans want to buy. JMO

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 eveready service

eveready service

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:miller high life

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:55 PM

Hey Guys
If you want a workhorse TLW, Check out Speed Queen. A little pricey but really strong and very repairable.

#23 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,698 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

I got your reliable TLW right here...

#24 eveready service

eveready service

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

Also I forgot to mention it's made in WI, By cheese heads YA hey dere. They also are mainly US Parts except the switches and emerson motor

I worked on a few maytag E2lp & j2lps in my early maytag dealer service career

#25 eveready service

eveready service

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

No one wants to work that hard to get the wash done anymore. Also Its very hard to use facebook when you are using the wringer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics