Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

3 in 1 dishwasher tablets

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 10:41 AM

I had an issue about some months ago with an intermittantly leaking DW. 7 yr old f+p 818, over the previous 12 mths has had a couple of leaks, inlet valve connection and door seal (but of course the customer thought it was the same problem, and said it hadnt been fixed properly the first time). 6 mths after tightening the inlet connection, I get a phone call " this bloody DW is still not going properly, come back and fix it, AND I'M NOT PAYING!!!" So I calmly say if it is related to either of the last 2 faults, then fair enough.

So I go, I dismantle, I check for leaks, I find nothing, I reassemble,and do this 3 times, until I suggest we set it going and I will call back if/when it does it again. "Wheres your powder?" I say. "Oh, we dont use powder anymore, we use tablets." "Okay, (I'll play the game) wheres your tablets." Load the dispenser, set it going, and head back to work for a cuppa and a sleep. Half an hour later, I was rudely awaken by the phone. "Help, help, the floor is covered in foamy water"

Long story short, called and cleared flood switch, told them to use good powder with low rinse aid setting (hadnt used for 4 mths anyway, since they started with the tablets), and sent them a bill for $100 Posted Image

3 in 1 tablets are a marketing ploy by the detergent multi-nationals.  I tell people its like DW cleaners, its something else the detergent companies create to suck more money out of you. Pre-rinse your dishes, use a quality powder, and occasionally wipe down your DW is all you need to do to make it last longer Posted Image
please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 ethicalfix

ethicalfix

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 11:35 PM

Yep couldn't agree with you more Kiwi. In fact I see Ricketts have agreed to reimburse some upset DW owners for the cost of repairing  dishwashers damaged by the over sudsing.

Remember the simple things.

#3 Lurker_tamba_*

Lurker_tamba_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 19 December 2005 - 11:01 PM

Hi [user=904]Kiwi-nadian[/user] & [user=2277]ethicalfix[/user] could you PLEASE point me to where I can find that info about ricketss ...

They are driving me MAD with their finish products !!

We too had LOTS of overfoaming and pouring foam all over the floor.. Did some research on web and hubby investigated various possibilities of cause of the problem.. the only posibility was a failing seal...

FINALLY we tried changing the dishwasher tablets... We were using 4 in 1 "funny enough we had just started them around the same time the problem 1st occurred" no prizes there hey!

I called Reckitt Beckiser customer service who were not very helpful "Oh really WE have NEVER heard of this before" are you sure your dishwasher is not faulty , when did you have it last serviced etc... How often do you use dishwasher cleaner ( the stuff in bottles that you run through a cycle in dishwasher".. Not often enough it transpired.. they told me to do it more frequently too!

They asked us to send them the 4in1tablets s so they coudl do tests THAT WAS July we are now in Decmeber and wre hear zippo back! We wnt back to 3in1s and everything was working perfectly that is until TODAY.

YES this morning Stoopid Bleep I am I used Dishwasher Cleaner "wanted to get the dishwasher nice and squeaky clean b4 Christmas"..

After about 20 mins heard a funny noise ( sounded kinda familiar too) the flippin dishwasher was flooding Again.. THIS time I knew it was the flippin dishwasher cleaner and called Cust Services STILL cust services are trying to tell me "they have never heard of this " and today I find this forum and your postings...  

So please let me know where this info is I have had anough now..

Ok Guys Bottom line, from your comments it lokos liek you dont even recommend 3 in 1 so what do you recommend... Incidentally I have used the Dwasher cleaner several times before and had NO problem , but today !!!!!!!

Look forward to your replies

Thanks Guys

Tamba

#4 Lurker_tamba_*

Lurker_tamba_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 19 December 2005 - 11:02 PM

Hi [user=904]Kiwi-nadian[/user] & [user=2277]ethicalfix[/user] could you PLEASE point me to where I can find that info about ricketss ...

They are driving me MAD with their finish products !!

We too had LOTS of overfoaming and pouring foam all over the floor.. Did some research on web and hubby investigated various possibilities of cause of the problem.. the only posibility was a failing seal...

FINALLY we tried changing the dishwasher tablets... We were using 4 in 1 "funny enough we had just started them around the same time the problem 1st occurred" no prizes there hey!

I called Reckitt Beckiser customer service who were not very helpful "Oh really WE have NEVER heard of this before" are you sure your dishwasher is not faulty , when did you have it last serviced etc... How often do you use dishwasher cleaner ( the stuff in bottles that you run through a cycle in dishwasher".. Not often enough it transpired.. they told me to do it more frequently too!

They asked us to send them the 4in1tablets s so they coudl do tests THAT WAS July we are now in Decmeber and wre hear zippo back! We wnt back to 3in1s and everything was working perfectly that is until TODAY.

YES this morning Stoopid Bleep I am I used Dishwasher Cleaner "wanted to get the dishwasher nice and squeaky clean b4 Christmas"..

After about 20 mins heard a funny noise ( sounded kinda familiar too) the flippin dishwasher was flooding Again.. THIS time I knew it was the flippin dishwasher cleaner and called Cust Services STILL cust services are trying to tell me "they have never heard of this " and today I find this forum and your postings...  

So please let me know where this info is I have had anough now..

Ok Guys Bottom line, from your comments it lokos liek you dont even recommend 3 in 1 so what do you recommend... Incidentally I have used the Dwasher cleaner several times before and had NO problem , but today !!!!!!!

Look forward to your replies

Thanks Guys

Tamba

#5 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 11:22 PM

There is no site I know of besides this one, and http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk where this problem is even mentioned, but it happens in Oz as well.  We techs see it all the time, and tend to vent our frustrations to each other.

I have been using Active (thats the brand name) powder in my Asko DW for 1.5yrs with no rinse aid and have very good results, and did the same in my F+P 820 for 1.5yrs before that too.  I find it works well, and thats why we buy it.;) 

But I goggled his ass after I wrote my reply,

http://www.newstalkz...p?storyID=85240

Check it out :shock:!!!
please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics