Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Duet F02 Error Code

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 MrDock

MrDock

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fat Tire Ale

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

I am new to the site and trying to correct an ornery washer. I was following some instructions to resolve an F02 error code, but have run into a dead end. I checked and cleaned all hoses and the pump filter and still was getting the error code. I bit the bullet and put in a new pump assembly and I am still getting the F02 error code. Any ideas? The unit is a Whirlpool Duet GHW9250MW0 and is 8-9 years old. Thanks in advance.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

has this Washer worked OK for you up till now at this location ?
is that the only error code you're getting ?
Does the Pump run ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 MrDock

MrDock

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

The washer is in the same location it's always been in. Last week the problem started. I've gotten the sud and F02 error codes only. F02 is what has occurred the most frequently and also the last code given. I think the sud code has only occurred when I tried to run the unit with a load of wash and detergent in it. The washer will drain but continues until 8 minutes pass and then the F02 code appears. I put in a new pump assembly and it is doing the same thing. Thanks.

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

F02 LONG DRAIN
If the drain time exceeds eight minutes, the water valves are turned off and “F/02” is flashed.
Press PAUSE/CANCEL two times to clear the display.
NOTE: After four minutes the “Sud” error will be displayed, then four minutes later the “F/02” error code will be displayed.

SUD SUDS LOCK (OVERDOSE OF DETERGENT DETECTED DURING THE WASH CYCLE)
The motor control unit senses a suds lock condition by analyzing the current draw on the drive motor.
If “Sud” is displayed a potential suds lock is detected.
This may signify a bad pump, an extra heavy load, excessive detergent, or excessive suds.

Potential Causes
 If too much detergent was used, run the unit through a Rinse/Spin cycle then a Normal cycle without adding any detergent.
This should clear the unit of the excess detergent.
(should use only HE detergent)

#5 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

While it usually realtes to the F25 code,the pressure switch may be at fault.
Remove the wires from the pressure switch and run the machine in the Drain mode.
Reconnect the P/S and try the machine again.

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

http://www.repaircli...rtDetail/903701

Pressure-Switch-8181695-00847686.jpg

#7 MrDock

MrDock

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

RegUs PatOff:

I am only running the washer empty (no laundry or detergent) and still getting the error code. It has been through a few cycles so there shouldn't be any residual. I have only used HE detergent in it.

jumptrout:

I was wondering if it may be the pressure switch. Will the washer run with it disconnected?

#8 MrDock

MrDock

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

jumptrout:

I disconnected the wires to the pressure switch and ran it in drain/spin mode for a minute or two (I stopped it because the timer wasn't advancing and the pump was draining no water). I also took the air hose loose and blew air into the switch and I could hear the switch click. I reconnected everything and ran it for complete cycle in drain/spin. I am now running it in rinse/spin to see if it will complete that cycle. Prior to now, even with the new pump I have gotten the F02 error code in the rinse/spin cycle. I'll post back when it finishes. Thanks.

#9 MrDock

MrDock

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

The washer has completed the rinse/spin cycle without an issue. I will now try to run a load of laundry and see what happens. Assuming all is well, what was the likely culprit? Was it the pump, pressure switch? By disconnecting the switch and running the washer does it somehow reset? Is it an intermittent problem that may pop up again? Should I leave the new pump in? Thanks for your help everyone.

#10 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:06 AM

A bad(intermittent) pressure switch could indicate to the control board that water is still present when it is not. That would cause the 2 errors even though the water and suds are not an issue.

#11 NCARepair

NCARepair

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

Follow the preasure tube back to the other end by the drive pulley and make sure the tube and th air dome are clear,not plugged up. If it is blocked the air cannot escape the tube when the water drains thus telling the computer it has not drained.

#12 Rooster

Rooster

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Schneider Hefeweizen

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

I had the exact problem and followed the troubleshooting guide. I should have followed my instincts (especially after a few good Weizens!) and replaced the flow sensor right off the bat, as the problem manifested itself at exactly the same time every time. (F02 and stopped filling)
All I can say is thank God for for this website and Repair Clinic's generous return policy (and ample amounts of bier!)! I replaced the main controller, the pressure switch and it's air tube. Finally replaced the flow sensor Attached File  IMG_1847.jpg   16.09KB   3 downloads Which I took apart Attached File  IMG_1850.jpg   19.08KB   1 downloads just to see how it worked. Apparently, the flow sensor spins and a small magnet Attached File  IMG_1853.jpg   18.32KB   4 downloadssends an interruptor signal to the pick up sensor, which calibrated for gallons per minute tells the main computerAttached File  IMG_1823.jpg   18.96KB   1 downloads when fill is complete, possibly compared against the air pressure column sent by the pressure switchAttached File  Screen Shot 2012-08-14 at 2.35.44 PM.png   269.8KB   1 downloads. BTW, use care when removing the clamps and tubing from the flow sensor as the dispenser inlet port was fragile from age and broke. Attached File  IMG_1846.jpg   16.75KB   2 downloads Luckily some good superglue fixed it, especially since it is not under pressure. Phew! I need another bier!

#13 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

I don't believe the flow sensor has anything to do with the fill level, that is all the pressure switches job.

The flow meter just lets the cpu know that water is flowing into the machine and if water keeps flowing and the pressure switch hasn't recognized a full tub in a set amount of time the cpu shuts down operations with an error code so as not to create a flood if water is continuously entering machine and maybe running out a hole/broken hose or otherwise ungood exit point for water.

Another job of the flow sensor is to tell that no water is entering tub when the cpu has told a water valve to open to fill, (IE: bad water valve, water turned off at faucet or valve/hose screens plugged).
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#14 Rooster

Rooster

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Schneider Hefeweizen

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

Probably correct. It was a guess at the logic. Perhaps, since the flow sensor was inop, it created a disagreement with the pressure sensor. BTW, I reinstalled all the other original parts and the flow sensor replacement was the fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics