Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Dishwasher MDBH955AWW Won't Clean Dishes

Maytag Dishwasher MDBH955 Wont Clean

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 georgemartin601

georgemartin601

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

I have a four year old Maytag Dishwasher M/N MDBH955AWW that will no longer clean dishes. Symptoms: white residue, lots of food debris left on dishes. I've replaced the turbidity sensor on this unit about a year ago and tried cleaning solutions. That seemed to be an acceptable temp fix. But now there's just too much food debris left on the dishes. We're fairly vigilant about rinsing the dishes prior to loading, especially in light of this problem. We have hard water. The spray arms seem to get clogged with build up fairly often. Cleaning them still does not help. I've not taken the bottom of the unit apart to see what's going on there . . . maybe too much build up or a clog somewhere? Not sure I'd know how to do that. Any diagrams or help there would be appreciated. Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,177 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

The plastic shaft extension for the cutter is probably stripped out as explained in this post ==> http://fixitnow.com/...the-dishwashes/

You'll need this kit to repair it ==> http://www.repaircli...6919539/1469683

#3 georgemartin601

georgemartin601

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

Thanks. I'll try that and report back.

#4 Skiter29

Skiter29

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

ive run into this problem many times with people with hard water usally have to take it all apart then clean out all the calcium build up then run a bottle or 2 of DISHWASHER MAGIC then it will run fine my suggestion do this and run a bottle of DISHWASHER MAGIC once every 2 weeks can get them at walmart for about 3.50 a bottle good luck

#5 georgemartin601

georgemartin601

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

I purchased the kit referenced above. took everything apart and cleaned the soap and hard water (we have hard water) buildup off of everything. It was substantial. Nothing appeared to be stripped, but I proceeded with the replacement regardless. I did indeed run a bottle of dishwasher magic after the replacement. We use them occasionally, not enough however. The dishes did seem much cleaner afterwards. I wouldn't say it cleans like it did when it was new. Might be worth noting that there seemed to be a little dirty water left in the bottom of the unit after it was run prior to replacing the motor shaft seal and chopper. after the replacement and cleaning there does not seem to be any water in the bottom. I'm guessing all the buildup was blocking proper drainage? Thanks for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics