Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag washing machine model MHW2000AWW not draining completely

maytag washing machine neptune MHW2000AWW not draining

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 beachbum

beachbum

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Stella Artois

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

I am having trouble with my Maytag Neptune washing machine model # MHW2000AWW. The issue is the machine is not completely draining. A load with towels remains saturated after the cycle is completed, even with additional spin cycle(s). Running an empty load would result in a small amount of water remaining in the bottom of machine.
The hoses were checked for debris/blockage, no issue there. The pump was disassembled and it was full of sand and lint. Pump was cleaned, cycle was ran with nothing in it and there was no water in the machine. Thinking the issue was fixed, did regular load with clothing, still very wet. Is it possible that the pump is just burned out from the debris (sand, lint) that was clogging the pump? Or does this sound like a separate issue altogether. Want to order pump, but don’t to waste time or money if that is not the issue.
Thank you kindly in advance for your assistance.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,238 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

Let water into the drum and then do a pump out while lifting the drain hose enough so that you can observe the discharge stream. The discharge stream should be fullbore and turbulent. If it is smooth wall and it comes out and tapers down then you either have a restriction in the drain hose or the pump itself has become impaired.

The other thing to do is disconnect the drain hose from the pump and then pucker up and blow like a fish through the drain hose. You should clear and initial slug of water and then it should blow free. This will positively confirm that the drain hose is clear.

It is also possible, given the debris that you describe, that the pump has become impaired and is not turning at full speed. If this is the case, then you would replace the pump. ==> http://www.repaircli...mber=MHW2000AWW

#3 beachbum

beachbum

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

Thank you for your prompt response. I ordered the pump by using your link. I will post an update and let you know how it goes.

#4 beachbum

beachbum

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

Installed the new pump yesterday, still having the same problem. What else could it be?

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,238 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:37 AM

Did you check the drain hose using the blow fish method I described?

#6 beachbum

beachbum

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

Yes and ran water through it as well.

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

Let water into the drum and then do a pump out while lifting the drain hose enough so that you can observe the discharge stream.
The discharge stream should be fullbore and turbulent.
If it is smooth wall and it comes out and tapers down then you either have a restriction in the drain hose ...

Does the Washer actually Spin good ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#8 beachbum

beachbum

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

It sounds as if it spinning well

#9 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

Let water into the drum and then do a pump out while lifting the drain hose enough so that you can observe the discharge stream. The discharge stream should be fullbore and turbulent. If it is smooth wall and it comes out and tapers down then you either have a restriction in the drain hose ...

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#10 jb8103

jb8103

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Ginger ale

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:23 AM

Maybe the inlet hose...?
First, do no harm.

#11 DanInKansas

DanInKansas

Kohai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lion Imperial or Shiner Bock

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

A few more basics to check:

Easy one first -- check the drain hose. Most people have too much drain hose in their stand pipe, and once the standpipe starts slowing down, the water will back up into the washer. If you have more than 6" of hose in the standpipe, correct, and retry your experiment.

If that doesn't work, sit there and watch your drain and spin cycle. That's usually about 12-13 minutes long. It's pretty boring, but it's actually more interesting than a re-run of Friends.

What you very well may see is that the machine spins for two or three minutes and then never really gets going again. You may also see the unit just give up and quit spinning 5 or 6 minutes prematurely. If that happens, you may have a bad control board or a bad motor controller. How you test that without having a subscription to the Maytag Techline is a question better asked of the Samurai Himself.

If you see a whole drain and spin cycle and you don't have any issues -- no shuddering, no early check-out, no half-hearted spin -- check the tub outlet hose, the one that leads to the drain pump, back where it attaches to the tub. You may find an physical obstruction there, like a sock or a buildup of lint. (In the field, this is actually the one I would do second, but I'm saving it for last for you because this is going to be a pain in the arse if you're not used to taking these machines apart.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics