Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
certified tech group 51

Maytag dryer long drying times

8 posts in this topic

I get to the place and the complaint is " It takes two/ three times to dry the load " I start with the simple checks....... Could this be the problem ??? DSCF1465.jpg

DSCF1459.jpg

............Do ya think reduced air flow is the problem????

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

According to my customers, the heating element is just "getting tired" and not heating up as well as it used to; obviously needs a new heating element. :silly:

it's obvious ...

I see the Belt is broken . :whistling:

This person has also "checked the vent" and it has been officially deemed "fine" LOL!

I don't know why, but the Whirlpool DOTT (Dryer of Tomorrow Today) with the lint screens in the door opening dryers do not handle vent restrictions very well like the other brands and models of dryers.

looks like a few pictures for the Gallery

Gallery, gallery!

The belt didn't break....it jumped off this train wreck before it was choked to death.

Actually, it's pretty hard to tell when the belt broke because one would barely notice the difference between 60 mins and 70 mins to dry a pair of socks. I know a good archeological dig team that could come over and help you look for it though.

William