Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG LDS5811 End of wash it turns on the water solenoid

LDS5811 5811 LD S5811

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BBQTexas

BBQTexas

Unsui

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killian Red, Suntory, Shiner Bock

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

I've done some searching in the forum about this model but haven't seen a similar issue that I'm facing now.

A couple years ago I had the infamous melted wiring harness problem - repaired a couple wires in the ribbon and insulated it. So far all has been well – until now.

When the unit is started it fills just fine, washes and rinses but when it goes into the last drain cycle just before drying the fill starts again and never shuts off. At first I thought maybe the solenoid got some gunk in it and kept it open. However, during the normal wash cycle the solenoid comes on and shuts off normally.

So the water begins to fill and never stops. The washer has the drain pump on also so it never overfills. But, yes there is a but, it leaks from the bottom when it goes into this ghost fill cycle.

Makes no sense to me. Maybe of you have seen this before.

SN: 605KW00326

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 31 July 2012 - 09:17 PM.

Cheers

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,452 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:20 PM

Not seen this problem but PMed you the service manual in case it helps.

#3 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:39 AM

Check for gookus in the sensor assembly and in the tube from the guide assembly to the pump. Not the exact problem as descibed above, but I have seen this cause a fill and immediate drain issue... The sensor doesn't sense the fill and starts the drain pump to prevent over-fill...but usually at the beginning of a cycle.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#4 BBQTexas

BBQTexas

Unsui

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

Samurai - The SM will definately help. Thanks
Chat... I'll check for the gookus. Me no like gookus.
Cheers

#5 BBQTexas

BBQTexas

Unsui

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

Well, sorry for the late response but I wanted to give an update in case it can help others.  The root cause of was a bad water solenoid.  Sometimes it would stick partially open - but not always.  As Chat in FL suggested I checked the sensor assembly and talk about gookus, that would be an understatement.  It was full of crap so I can only believe that it too had a part in my washers malfunction.

I made the repairs and also had to repair some of the support under of cabinetry due to water damage.  While I in there I installed a water sensor/alarm so then next time a small puddle forms a piercing alarm will scare the crap out of my wife which will likely get me slapped in the head. ;-)

Thanks for the help.  BTW - LG is officially banned from any future purchases.

Cheers

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,452 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:03 AM

Domo for the update.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LDS5811, 5811, LD S5811

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics