Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
vee8power

Maytag Dryer MDE9700AYW Drum Repair

7 posts in this topic

I went to this dryer and discovered that the seam in the stainless steel drum is split open about an inch on one end. That spot makes a thump-thump when it goes over the rollers. Anybody know of a repair method short of a new drum?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Nope, seen this before. You have to replace the whole drum... or junk the dryer.

I've only dealt with one of these and didn't have very good luck. They OK'ed repair, I put a new drum in and less then a year later all the seals on the drum all wore thru, (the new drum was out of round out of the box - no shipping damage on box).

Has anyone else that have replaced one of these drums had any problems with out of round drums/problem getting a good drum shipped without damage?

yeah i have had out of round ones, they are so flimsy that it dosent take much to tweak it, i think i was able to straigten one out by flexing it back round

LG and Samsung are famous for these thin dryer drums that come apart at the seams. It's one reason I try to steer people away from buying foreign brands of appliances.

By the way, this Maytag dryer you speak of here is actually a Samsung dryer with the Maytag nameplate slapped on it. I am glad Whirlpool ended the partnership that Maytag had with Samsung when they bought out Maytag.

Edited by Scottthewolf

That's right, it is a Samsung! Thanks for the replies :rocker:

you can only lay those drums down on flat side, theyre so flimsy they will get out of round if not.