Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kjc-01

HAV4657EWW weak final spin

10 posts in this topic

My Maytag top loader washer is leaving the clothes soggy after the post-rinse spin and leaves a little bit of water at the bottom of the drum. The part that confuses me is that the post-wash spin is working fine, it leaves the clothes barely damp. Both cycles are actually spinning and not just pumping (yes I saw it with my own eyes). I am thinking the timer may be going out and is making the second spin cycle too short. Does anyone know the actual timer schedule to check the spin duration against? Any other thoughts on what may be happening?

Your most humble beer swilling apprentice,

kjc-01

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The spray rinse maybe hanging up (bad timer contact) and may be spraying water on the clothes while it's spinning.

the Regular-Wash final Spin cycle is 6 minutes

Thanks for the answers so far, guys. I guess I'll be spending my evening with a timer and a beer watching the washer go through a full cycle looking for spraying water during the spin or a short spin cycle.

The water flow out of the drain line seems weaker than expected from the descriptions in other posts, so I will look for an obstuction there. Off to the Maytag disassembly instructions...

Update: The belt-driven pump spins freely and both the inlet and outlet lines are free of obstructions. The inner tub was removed and there were no panties or other debris found inside the outer tub to impede drainage. When operating the washer, the drain cycle before the wash and rinse spins is inconsistent - sometimes it works well, others times there is varying amounts of water left. I'm getting tired of manually re-running the drain cycle before each spin.

Check the motor pivot plate. If it doesn't go "clunk" before the beginning of the spin cycle, it's not working properly and probably needs to be greased.

1 person likes this

I lubed the motor pivot with some silicone grease. The water flow out of the pump appears stronger and the clothes are not waterlogged at the beginning of the second spin. Good news so far. Since it was intermittant, I will have to give it a few more loads before declaring success.

Lubing the motor pivot point seems to have fixed it. Thanks to Scottthewolf for the good information.

You're welcome.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0