Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

HAV4657EWW weak final spin

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kjc-01

kjc-01

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

My Maytag top loader washer is leaving the clothes soggy after the post-rinse spin and leaves a little bit of water at the bottom of the drum. The part that confuses me is that the post-wash spin is working fine, it leaves the clothes barely damp. Both cycles are actually spinning and not just pumping (yes I saw it with my own eyes). I am thinking the timer may be going out and is making the second spin cycle too short. Does anyone know the actual timer schedule to check the spin duration against? Any other thoughts on what may be happening?

Your most humble beer swilling apprentice,
kjc-01

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

The spray rinse maybe hanging up (bad timer contact) and may be spraying water on the clothes while it's spinning.
Scott Wolf

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

the Regular-Wash final Spin cycle is 6 minutes

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 kjc-01

kjc-01

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

Thanks for the answers so far, guys. I guess I'll be spending my evening with a timer and a beer watching the washer go through a full cycle looking for spraying water during the spin or a short spin cycle.

#5 kjc-01

kjc-01

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

The water flow out of the drain line seems weaker than expected from the descriptions in other posts, so I will look for an obstuction there. Off to the Maytag disassembly instructions...

#6 kjc-01

kjc-01

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:07 AM

Update: The belt-driven pump spins freely and both the inlet and outlet lines are free of obstructions. The inner tub was removed and there were no panties or other debris found inside the outer tub to impede drainage. When operating the washer, the drain cycle before the wash and rinse spins is inconsistent - sometimes it works well, others times there is varying amounts of water left. I'm getting tired of manually re-running the drain cycle before each spin.

#7 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

Check the motor pivot plate. If it doesn't go "clunk" before the beginning of the spin cycle, it's not working properly and probably needs to be greased.
Scott Wolf

#8 kjc-01

kjc-01

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

I lubed the motor pivot with some silicone grease. The water flow out of the pump appears stronger and the clothes are not waterlogged at the beginning of the second spin. Good news so far. Since it was intermittant, I will have to give it a few more loads before declaring success.

#9 kjc-01

kjc-01

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

Lubing the motor pivot point seems to have fixed it. Thanks to Scottthewolf for the good information.

#10 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

You're welcome.
Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics