Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Cabrio inner basket will not come out

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gerrit

Gerrit

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Arrogant Bastard

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

I was receiving the OL code on this Whirlpool Cabrio (Model WTW6400SW3) top load washer and I read that there is probably gunk and buildup on the shaft. I was able to get everything apart down to where the inner basket is supposed to lift out. I was able to get the hub assembly out but the inner basket still will not come out. It looks like there may be a plastic lock nut keeping the basket from coming out but in all of the parts diagrams and videos I have found there is no such part. It looks like it should just pull right off. I have been soaking it with vinegar and other things to try to get it to release but nothing is working.

Does anybody know if this plastic piece that looks like it may be a lock nut is actually a lock nut or should it just pull out? Any other tricks or things to try would be much appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 GKOFC

GKOFC

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:BUD

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

PART # 280145 FROM SEARS SHOULD DO THE TRICK.

#3 Gerrit

Gerrit

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Arrogant Bastard

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

Part number 280145 looks like the hub. I've already got a new hub assembly ordered but I still cannot get the inner basket out to clean all the buildup off of the shaft. I keep soaking it and hitting it with a rubber mallet to hopefully loosen it up so the basket will lift out but no luck yet. Any advice other than what I have been doing?

Edited by Gerrit, 03 August 2012 - 03:03 PM.

#4 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

Just keep on doing what your doing. Sometimes
their very tough to get out.
If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics