Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Neptune MAH5500BWW Stops After Fill

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jodi McLeod- Crosby

Jodi McLeod- Crosby

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Ruby from McMenamins in Oregon

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

Maytag Neptune MAH5500BWW Stops After filling with water. I think it was overloaded when this happened but now it won't complete a cycle. The machine fills up with maybe 2 gallons of water and maybe 2 minutes into they process stops and then nothing else happens. The timer keeps counting down but the machine does not move further in the cycle. We found some advice online which told us to:

The easiest way to check the motor circuit is to take the front off but leave the door on and make sure it is closed. Go into diagnostic mode by pushing Delicate and Heavy soil at the same time. This will put you into diagnostic mode. Then hit the spin button on the board, display should change to 00 and possible start going up. If it stays at 00, go to the motor control board mounted on the right hand floor and do a voltage test at the harness coming to the board that has the White & Black wire. If your display is staying on 00 and you have 120VAC to this board your motor control board is bad and will have to be replaced with the new update kit listed below. If you do not get 120VAC or your display is changing to indicate RPM's, then additional tests will have to be made.

We've put the machine in Diagnostic Mode & Started the Spin cycle. We do get 120 VAC to the board and the display does stay at 00. From the advice above, it would indicate that we need to replace the Drive Motor with a new Drive Motor repair kit.

Is there anything else we should check before we make this purchase.

Here are the machines Model No. & Serial No.:
Model No. MAH5500BWW
Serial No. 71763129ZM

Also, why would this board just stop working?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

unless the Motor & Controller have already been upgraded
http://servicematter.../TCL-0014-B.pdf
This may be the kit you need
http://www.repaircli...rtDetail/949491

Drive-Motor-12002039-00817524.jpg

service manual
http://appliantology...nt-load-washer/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics