Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire front-loader doesn't spin: FWTR445RFS1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 steveklein

steveklein

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

Hello appliance repair friends!

My wife just loaded up our front-loader, watched it fill with water, then nothing happened.

(Well—something happened. It made a grinding noise. Which she now tells me it's been doing for many months!)

If we turn the dial to spin, it pumps the water out, but again doesn't spin.

I checked the laundry appliance FAQ, but this symptom doesn't seem to be listed (or I'm too dense to find it).
Steven Klein
Mac, PC & Network Expert

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:22 AM

I PMed you the troubleshooting guide for this machine (also on the tech sheet inside the washer).

Problem will usually end up being either the speed control board ==> http://www.repaircli...ber=FWTR445RFS1

Posted Image

Or the drive motor ==> http://www.repaircli...ber=FWTR445RFS1

Posted Image

#3 donn

donn

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Most any tea/coffee

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

GRINDING NOISE?? May be junk in pump, but
BEFORE buying a speed control -rotate your spin basket by hand, if it's noisey, kinda dry gitty sound, the bearings maybe going bad
also there should be No up-down play when tuggin/lifting on spin basket.

over 40,300 appliances repaired since 1978 ........  some successfully   

#4 steveklein

steveklein

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

I PMed you the troubleshooting guide for this machine (also on the tech sheet inside the washer).

Problem will usually end up being either the speed control board… Or the drive motor…

Today my wife informs me that the washer has heeled itself. It now spins, and doesn't make any funny noises.

I like to think of myself as a G-d fearing man of faith, my I'm not sure my faith extends to self-healing appliances.

Rather than consider it cured, I'm going to add a new symptom: The problem is intermittent.

I saved the troubleshooting guide, and if the problem returns, I'll take a look (and let you know what I find).

Thanks, as always, for your help.
Steven Klein
Mac, PC & Network Expert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics