Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch Dishwasher SGS09A08GB/11 upper arm

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tony359

tony359

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

Hello everybody,

I have a question about my dishwasher. When a program starts I can clearly hear that the upper arm is not moving. I can hear the water splashing in the same place and if I open the door the arm is where I left it before running the program.

I have dismantled and cleaned everything, and the arm spins properly by hand. When opening the door I can see water coming out of the arm. The lower arm seems to work properly and I must admit that dishes look fine.

I have tried to put a shim between the door and the upper basket, to make sure the basket is properly pushed towards the water inlet at the back.

Is there anything I could do?

Thanks, Tony

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 tony359

tony359

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

Hi all,

Today I put my mobile into a watertight container and filmed a rinse cycle. Everything is fine, I was just mixing up the sounds coming out from the machine. The "water splashing in the same place" is the water coming out from the upper nozzle, and both arms work perfectly.

Sorry for wasting bandwidth!

#3 tony359

tony359

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

Hello everybody.

I am upping this thread because despite my findings, I have been thinking that there was something stuck in my dishwasher.

So today I took a few more videos of the inside and I found that I was right!

Please check the video, it begins with the bottom arm spinning (you can see the water) and then when it moves to the upper arm, it's clearly stuck. Then I open the dishwasher and simply move the arm a few degrees. The arm then starts spinning with no problems even though I can hear a bumping noise - there is nothing in the dishwasher, the arm is possibly not spinning straight and bumping where it usually gets stuck.

I have been seeing the arm in that position many times when I opened the door.

What could it be?

Please note that I have cleaned the entire assembly, the pipes, the arms, the nozzles, everything. I have disassembled the thing and cleaned it upside down. It looks fine to me.

Any suggestions? Attached some pictures of the assembly as well. The arm when it's idle rests in the "stuck" position.

Attached Files

#4 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Did you clean the water delivery tube that goes from the recirculation (wash pump) up to the upper spray arm?

http://www.repaircli...y/359976/916349

Scott Wolf

#5 tony359

tony359

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Right, how come I always find the solution AFTER I post on this forum? :)

Look at the attachment, the knob that holds the upper arm in place is worn out where the arm rests. This has allowed a higher play, and the arm is free to rake a bit, ending up against the basket.

I put a - temporary - washer, the play has reduced but I think I do need a new arm anyway.

What is your opinion?

Scottthewolf: I disassembled the upper arm and nozzle assembly from the bottom of the dishwasher and checked that it was free.

Attached Files

Edited by tony359, 25 January 2013 - 06:10 PM.

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

Nice job with the undersea video !  :thumbsup:   kept expecting  Jaques Cousteau to go swimming by, try that in a spinning washer and see what kinda footage you get

Replace that sprayarm:

http://www.repaircli...y/359976/916349

Center-Wash-Arm-Assembly-359976-00695185

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

...  :thumbsup: kept expecting  Jaques Cousteau to go swimming by,

"A lot of people attack the sea, I make love to it." Jacques Cousteau

my KA D/W (w/ Plexiglas)

kinda like Sears used to have on display

Is this working OK ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#8 tony359

tony359

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Hey kdog,

Just to mention that I couldn't buy the arm from you - I would have, but I do not live in the US, I live in the UK and as far as I understand you do not ship other than US and Canada. But I do appreciate the help here guys!

Edited by tony359, 26 January 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#9 tony359

tony359

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Right, I have replaced the arm, but I am not sure I have solved the problem. It spins, for the time being, but it still hit the basket when doing it. You can clearly hear from outside and I am quite confident it hits where the other was hitting.

Unless it's supposed to do so (I don't think so) what could it be? The arm fits on the basket itself, but the fitting hardware seems ok. There was a plastic clip with the arm, to be fitted "up to some model", but it seems it does not apply to mine.

Any suggestions?

#10 tony359

tony359

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

The arm keeps touching the basket, I think I may have fixed it using a cable tie, that pulling the arm holder in one direction straightens the arm itself. I'll check on it and report.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics