Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch Dishwasher Mod#SHU5312UC/U06 hangs at 9 minutes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 deezus

deezus

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

Hi,
This dishwasher would not respond to any keypress, i inspected the control board and shazam, there was a burnt solder on it. So i put new control board on and plug it in and hit power and it displays 9 minutes if i hit normal wash. it then goes down to 3 minutes and hangs there for 10 minutes before i shut it off...what could this be because i know control was burnt...do i have to put it into test mode? Also agent light is lit as well.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

Did you mount it correctly? Possibly the buttons aren't lining up with the control board? Is it wired correctly?
Scott Wolf

#3 deezus

deezus

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

Yes i lined it up correctly and it is wired correctly. I thought maybe it went into some kind of calibration mode for a sensor.

#4 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:23 AM

Maybe this will ring a bell for some of my fellow Appliantologist: During the Bosch dishwasher control recall, one of the steps after replacing the control was "Recoding replacement control."
This model was not part of the recall, and the closest code I could find was for a SHU53A is code "2". You have to press S2, S3, S4, AND S5 SIMULATANEOUSLY , then turn tne dishwasher "ON" using the on/off switch. the LED's will start blinking. Release buttons. Press S2 to scroll through the codes. LED 3 will be lit for code 2 (If this is the right code, don't have this exact model). Turn dishwasher off to save.

Edited by Chat_in_RI, 16 August 2012 - 05:18 AM.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics