Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE front load washer #WBVH5200J1WW Blues...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 4everJAZZ

4everJAZZ

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:george killian (Irish Red)

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

Ok forum... I think I must have messed up somehow. I was asked to look at this GE washer that was leaking water near the front. But it WAS working... (model #wbvh5200j1ww), I open the puppy up and see the problem, inlet feed pipe from dispenser to bellow had cracked, ok , gotta orsder the part, will be backto install, problem solved. But the nxt morning get a call from the owner saying unit lights up but wont start or run. No water coming in. I go back out and see that the unit will start a cycle but wont show "door locked" on the display, then will almost immediately go to a 3 to 4 minute drain run then stop. Every program sequence and every time. I opened her back up and saw that the two heater wires had broken off its molex. I fixed that. tried to run it, same thing. Nxt, tried to go to a diagnostic mode. it wouldnt let me. It would beep indicating successful entry, but no display, jst would go back into drain cycle. My question is... is this a board issue or a door lock issue and how can i determine which without replacing a part that i dont need to??? I need your help Forum. THX in advance. You've NEVER let me down...

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,022 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

A control board that won't go into diagnostic/service mode is bad by definition ==> http://www.repaircli...er=WBVH5200J1WW

Main-Control-Board-WH12X10468-00728797.j

... or mis-wired.

What's the key dance you're using to get into service mode?

Did you disconnect any of the control board wires when you replaced the dispenser feed tube?

Was this the problem you found...

#3 4everJAZZ

4everJAZZ

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

Good Day Samarai.... My humble apologies for taking so long to respond back. I have been working MENNEEEE long hours this past week and havent had time to do anything else. But this unit is very important to me. I think, not sure tho, that wut happened... may have been my doing. (or UNdoing really)... To the point: YEESSS... your video is exactly what I found. ( I actually thought that YOU were at the same job. Hmmmmm). Yea, so after I diagnose THAT, I go to clean up the mess that was left at the bottom. Lots of detergent and water mix. I get my wet vac and began suckn it up. thought I was bein careful, but I honestly was very tired and a little rushed. put it all back together, but didnt run a test cycle because I thought I had it figured out. (BTW I HAD run a test cycle before all this to start my diag). Well, the next day (before I could get back there) the Lady of the house decided to run a load of clothes even with the leak. Thats when I get the call that its not working at all. She turns it on, selects her cycle, pushes the start button, but nooo.... start. No door locked alert, no water. just the timer display. Then... it goes into a loooonnnnggggg drain. 4 minutes or so. I KNOW.... cuz when I got there it did the same thing to me!!! So I open everything back up and start poken around. I cee the two wires to the heater broken off at the molex. ( "Did IIiii dooo thaaatt"). O.K.... so thats the issue??? NOOOoooo... after replacing the wires and checking voltage, again,... same thing. No water no door lock, just a long drain. I then tried to go to a diagnosis by unplugging the unit for a minute, then plugging it back in and pushing the two buttons the tech sheet calls for,cancel and (whutever the other one is)... cant think right now, but whatever it says, is what I did. but no display read out, no codes, no nothin. A blank display. 30 seconds later... the 4 minute drain. So what do you think? control issue?? Inverter board??? I got no power at the fill solonoids when it should have called for water. And of course... the drain pump has the full power when it starts. I need some of your SUPER karate kick-ass on this one. I NEEEEEDDDD... this pebble O WIZE ONE. ( and anybody else who got some skilz on this one)...... THX

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:19 AM

... no water. just the timer display. Then... it goes into a loooonnnnggggg drain.

check the Water Level Pressure Switch and it's connections, and Tubing, under the Top Lid
http://www.repaircli...tDetail/2024606

Pressure-Switch-WH12X10522-01019762.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,022 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:13 AM

No door locked alert, no water. just the timer display.

Proceed in a step-wise, logical progression from this point. No water into drum, see if water lnlet valve is getting voltage. No voltage to water inlet valve, see if pressure switch contacts are switching and that pressure switch is getting voltage. Pressure switch not getting voltage, bad control. Pressure switch contacts not switching, bad pressure switch or bad pressure tube a la this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmXcmOW13jk

FYI: a chaffed pressure tube will make this washer do all kinda voodoo dancing, drives the control crazy.

#6 4everJAZZ

4everJAZZ

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:03 AM

You were Right Again Samarai!!!!!! The pressure tube was the problem. Checked the Pressure switch. It was fine. Looked at the pressure tube and it too looked fine. Actually looked almosrt new. Very little wear at all on thecushions around it. But i made the decision to change it out anyway on the chance I missed something. when all was re peiced back together... Waa laaa... "door locked" then the beautiful sound of water filling into the tub. I was soooo excited I almost peed my pants. So... after a quik bathroom break (TMI, I know), I decided to [PROVE] this NEW found information and technical scientific discovery before I showed it to my Customer. ( wanted to look good doin it and all). So I put the old tube back on, and Waa laa.... it worked too?????? " door locked" and then... the beautiful, but now confusing sound of water filling the tub WHAT THE ****. So NOW... being the inquisitive shmuck that I am, I'm desperately seeking the Susan as to whu' happened. 30 minutes later and still no closer to finding the truth, ryme or reason... I decide to call the owner in, tell her what MAY HAVE happened, (creatively of course), then give her the choice of going witjh her old one ( with a risk) or getting the new one and calling it done...... ( I Know)..... (but its just my nature)... curses... She kept the old one and now... well... ... Anybody wanna buy a pressure tube?????? Thanks Samarai. U2 REG. US. You guys are the REAL DEAL, Solid and True. And when I grow UP...... I wanna be JUST like YOU'Zzz. 4EVER... Jazz.

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,022 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:53 AM

Read the complete story behind that video in this post ==> http://appliantology...that-overfills/

I followed behind a genuine parts changing monkey who had already shot-gunned the water inlet valve and pressure switch for this problem and was telling the customer that they needed a new control.

Here's the part link to the new pressure tube ==> http://www.repaircli...1X10129/1168781

Sounds to me like you may have had gookus caught inside the old pressure tube or in the pressure dome on the drum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics