Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Refrigerator (LP) 795.71022.011

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:32 AM

I have a service call this evening for a non operating ice maker. I have research this refer & found that they are having multiple problems with these units. Malfunctioning ice makers, light circuits that remain on, misrepretation for its energy consumption, frosting/iceing in freezer & refrigerator, & other issues.

Can any one enlighten me on problems with the ice maker? Can I have service manual for the refer, is the icemaker a whirlpool style? I am thinking frozen inlet tube but will be checking double inlet valve & ice maker itself. Any help is very much appreciated. patricio
I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

No, this is a LG icemaker. Yes, LG refrigerators have been troublesome.
Scott Wolf

#3 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

Could you share you experience w/them, especially the icemaker? :thanks:
I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

LG IceMaker Diagnostics

http://www.repaircli...tDetail/2025750

Ice-Maker-Assembly-AEQ36756914--01304151

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

Gracias Amigo, will post results of service call after 11pm friday or sometime Saturday morning. :thanks: Big Fish on Tight Line.
IgonFishn

#6 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

Freezer control board reads 0'F IFR shoots 10'F inside ice cabinet. refer says 34'F. Initiated harvest mode can hear motor noise, icemaker has frozen ice, will not eject. Take unit out & defrost ice & machine in hot Texas sun. Reinstall in freezer, put into harvest mode, unit cycles, ejector rotates complete revolution, water selenoid energizes, & ice maker fills with water. customer tells me that ice maker works periodically, making a little bit of ice.

Correct to say heater mold not up to par, need to order new LG icemaker?

Customer would like me to install whirlpool modular unit, I don't think it would fit or work with the refers wiring.
IgonFishn

#7 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

Ordered icemaker a month ago with other parts. Icemaker put on back order, received couple days ago. Installed yesterday, told customer to call if they had any problems, cause it could take a few hours to start making ice. Have not heard anything so I am assuming it is working. Will make a follow up call on Monday. Patricio

PS: the flounder are starting to school up for their fall migration to the open water. Wet a line.
IgonFishn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics