Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE wssh300g0ww: door clicks, then dishonorable beeping

ge washer door door lock front-loading lock beeping error

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 scrybbler

scrybbler

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:pineapple juice

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

Great samurai,

I am battling a beastly GE washer. It was working fine recently, but now when I try to set it to work, all I hear is the usual CLICK of the door trying to lock (I think) and then... beeping from the console.

I also noticed that the *breaker* for the washer had tripped recently. I had to reset it to get power to the machine. Yeah, not a good sign. Can you say "deep fried tempura"?

I do have the tech sheet from here: ftp://ftp.electrolux-na.com/ProdInfo_PDF/Webster/134859600e.pdf

PROBLEMS:

A) this tech sheet doesn't seem to correspond to my model. I have it on good authority that this is the sheet, tho (got it from your old forums). I can't get it to do the diagnostic test, partly because there is no "Drain/Spin" position on the Program Knob as described in the sheet. In fact, it's not even called the Program Knob on my machine; it's labeled CYCLES. Nor is there a start position on the program knob, nor are there 9 clicks from the start position as described at the bottom of page 2 ("to clear latest stored error code").

B ) assuming I have the right tech sheet (which seems like a big leap to me!), I am able to get what seems to be an error code: one beeping flash of START followed by three beeping flashes of the five indicator lights (Door Lock, Wash, Rinse, Final Spin, and Control Lock). Note that (unlike what is described in the thrice-damned tech sheet!) START flashes before the vertical indicators, and the flashing does NOT repeatedly signal the code as long as I hold the buttons down. Nooo, no. Instead it goes back to normal operation and the usual indicators light up (START flashing, vertical indicators show what cycle is queued to run, etc.).

C) Assuming I have the right tech sheet and I haven't read this crap wrong, my error code is E31... and there is no E31.

Any advice?

I'm definitely wrassling with a wssh300g0ww; I doublechecked the label on the unit several times.

p.s. When I tried to search this forum for "GE", it came up with nothing. Very curious search mojo; I thought there'd be dozens. Searching for "wssh300g0ww" turns up one post that does not match my problem.

Attached Files

Edited by scrybbler, 20 August 2012 - 02:55 AM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,382 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:55 AM

The code you're seeing is actually error code E41-- the lights for each code digit begin flashing at the same time so you start counting right away. This is a bad door latch assembly. Since it's a Frigidaire-built washer, you can use the Frigidaire door lock at less than half the price of the GE-branded part ==> http://www.repaircli...1763202/1531974

Posted Image

The built-in site search for this forum is pretty crappy. I never use it. I use the Google Custom Search box in the top of the right hand column on the home page. At one time, I changed the built-in search to the Google Custom Search but people complained... people who are no longer active on this forum so I may re-visit that wise action soon.

#3 scrybbler

scrybbler

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:02 AM

Thank you, Sensei Lucid!

Yes, it is indeed an E41. Any ideas about why the tech sheet seems to be describing a totally different unit? I'm enclosing a photo of the unit for your amusement.

Good to know about the search. Ignore the whinging of the initiates! Now that I know your search secret I am content.

Attached File  ge-washer-console.JPG   51.41KB   13 downloads

#4 jb8103

jb8103

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Ginger ale

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:40 AM

... people who are no longer active on this forum so I may re-visit that wise action soon.

I hope scrybbler sticks around, he can write. As for Google, isn't there a way to use Google to search any specific site?
First, do no harm.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,382 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

I hope scrybbler sticks around, he can write.

Always a pleasure to have literate Apprentices!

As for Google, isn't there a way to use Google to search any specific site?

Yes, it's called Google Custom Search Engine ==> http://www.google.com/cse/

That's exactly what I have on the homepage of this site, top of the RH column; you can tell because it has the cute little "Google Custom Search" watermark in the search box. That engine searches this site's forums, blogs, gallery, and files and includes results from my main blog, Fixitnow.com. Gives superior results to this built-in engine in the upper RH corner of the screen.

#6 scrybbler

scrybbler

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

Thanks, jb8103! It's very flattering to be appreciated! Although I mostly write about videogames, not appliances, ha ha.

Well, videogames on the side, and cloud servers, bedroom decor, furniture rental, ride-on toys, and whatever else to pay the mortgage.

As for Google, you can also punch in "site:appliantology.org" as part of a search and it'll restrict results to stuff on this site. But I was too lazy to do that... and also Google doesn't always index (i.e., bother to keep records on) every page of large sites.

BTW, any ideas about why the tech sheet seems to be describing a totally different unit? :D I mean, there's no Drain/Spin position, no Program knob, no start position, and no 9 clicks on any knob. I was hoping to find a tech sheet inside the washer, but no such luck.

Edited by scrybbler, 21 August 2012 - 11:57 PM.

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:38 AM

... 134859600e.pdf
... there is no "Drain/Spin" position on the Program Knob

According to the Frigidaire listing for the GE WSSH300G0WW, that is the correct tech sheet.
It seems "Drain/Spin" (start position) is SPIN on the CYCLES knob...
and up to 9 clicks past that ...

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#8 scrybbler

scrybbler

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Ohhh that's the Frigidaire tech sheet! That makes a lot more sense. Okay, time to try a new door thinger.

Actually I'm going to try cleaning the old one first, too, just for yuks.

To be honest I enjoyed this opportunity to get re-acquainted with my backup washing machine, a Wonderwash. It does a load in five minutes using 1.5 gallons of hot water... and my reeking running socks came out smelling like a summer breeze. No electricity and the machine costs less than the door latch assembly on the GE washer, ha ha. Too bad it can't do a huge load.

anyhow thanks all for the help!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ge, washer, door, door lock, front-loading, lock, beeping, error

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics