Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

is installing split wallmount ac a DIY job?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 saloonsailer

saloonsailer

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:34 AM

Purchased Panasonic ac,need advise.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 telefunkenu47

telefunkenu47

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

some really cool youtube videos on this. LG has a series in particular worth a look.
Even root canal is easy...if you're a dentist...

#3 Shootist

Shootist

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

1) Stay away from Chinese mini-split systems sold online with names you don't recognize!! It's all crap! I've seen too many DIYers order that garbage and then want me to try and fix them.

DIY install isn't too bad if you read the instructions. You'll need someone with a vacuum pump to leak test and pull a vac. Buy youself a lineset with the flare fittings already on the ends. If it's a little long don't cut it just loop the extra behind the unit. If your linset is 25' or less you just pull a vac, open the service valves and walk away. No need to fine-tune the charge. I'd stay away from LG; too many bad thermisters and crappy tech support. Online manuals and troubleshooting guides are grossly outdated.

I love Fujitsu. Solid and well-built. If I have a pre-sale question or a service issue I call their 800 number, leave my name and number with the receptionist and I have a tech engineer calling me back in less than 20 minutes.  

#4 telefunkenu47

telefunkenu47

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

Second that. Fujitsu is the best built, best value in the industry.Have installed MANY. not a single clinker in the bunch. Shootist speaks the truth re: vacuum and charge, I triple evacuate always. Nitrogen leak test between vacs, 400 microns or better.

Even root canal is easy...if you're a dentist...

#5 HVAC TECH

HVAC TECH

Samanera

• Master Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Corona

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

The only problem with purchasing a mini split online and installing it yourself is that it voids the warranty. I believe that is the case with all the top manufacturers. I would shop around and get a few estimates from different contractors. There are still some honest companies out there that will install one for a reasonable price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics