Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

How to replace water inlet on KitchenAid Fridge Icemaker

Kitchen Aid Ice maker Water inlet fill tube KitchenAid

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TerpFPE

TerpFPE

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

I have a KitchenAid Model KTRC19MKBL00 Fridge. I had ice build up that cause splashing of the water and ice build up on the freezer wall behind, and next to, the icemaker. Looking at the forums it seemed simple to replace the fill tube except, unlike all the others i have seen, mine has no external screws and none visible on the inside.

Attached is a picture of the back of the fridge and you well see the only screw is the water hose clamp. How does this tube come out and how to I make sure I order the correct replacement?

Thanks

Hesitant

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,708 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:33 AM

That's a really, really bad picture but I think I see a screw that you remove to loosen the clamp and then pull the tubing out.

Post a better photo that's IN FOCUS and another that's in context with the rest of the fridge and I can give you more clues.

#3 TerpFPE

TerpFPE

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

Please accept humble apologies for my lack of focus.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kitchen Aid, Ice maker, Water inlet, fill tube, KitchenAid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics