Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DurhamAppliance

Trouble Entering Diagnostic mode Kenmore Fridge 59676603600

5 posts in this topic

Trying to put this thing into service mode but I am having no luck.

The tech sheet from inside the fridge states in pertinent part

1) press and hold door lock alarm button

2) press and hold refrigerator temp up button

3) release door lock.alarm button

4) press refrigerator temp up button and you're in service mode

Huh? I'm sure you caught it, didn't you? No?....the the temp up button is already being held! Tried all kinds of combinations...repressing fridge up button, using temp down button, freezer up button, freezer down button, filter alarm button and turbo cool button. I even went so far as to press some button mushrooms inside the fridge while holding and releasing my belly button but I only succeeded in changing temps from F to C.

Am I missing something? Haven't been here much lately so has this resulted in my repair "chops" deteriorating so much that I can't follow simple instructions or is the manufacturer's technical writer an idiot?

Any help would be appreciated

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

from a similar Amana:

Service Test Mode:

1. Open the Fresh Food door and press and hold the Door Alarm Keypad DoorAlarm .

2. Press and hold Refrigerator Temperature UP Keypad.

3. Release the Door Alarm Keypad DoorAlarm and wait 3 seconds.

my thoughts > then SE appears in display ... then release all keys

4. Press the Refrigerator UP Keypad again.

5. Display will show 001 in left display and numeric or dashes in right display.

6. Press Freezer Up Keypad and Freezer Down Keypad to toggle through Service Test numbers.

from a similar Amana:

Service Test Mode:

my thoughts > then SE appears in display ... then release all keys

Yeah, I was waiting for the SE to appear after 3 secs....no dice!...Maybe the board is bad....fresh food section too cold so I was trying to use diagnostics to see if it's thermistor, damper etc. Guess I have to test everything the old fashioned way.

Thanks Sensei for at least confirming that I'm not nuts or at least not totally nuts.!

As I think about it, I worked on a fridge once where I could not put it in diagnostic mode, changed the thermistor , diagnostics began working again. Hmmmm maybe some board interference caused by malfunctioning therm....I'll change this one out and post update.

Edited by DurhamAppliance

Update. Only changed thermistor per customer's request. Able to enter diagnostic mode after installation. Advised customer if problem reoccured during 90 day warranty period, I would instal a new board sans labor charge. fridge working fine now 120 days and counting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0