LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Whirlpool GD5PHAXMS10

Patricio

May I have a service manual &/or tech sheet for SxS refer. My son's unit in San Antonio at his house he rents out. The realitor says the previous tenant says the ice maker does not work. For all I know the refer probaly does not work. It is 150 miles from me, I will be up there next week visiting my 82 year old mother, & i am going to try & save my son some money by reparing it while I am up there.

thank you Patricio.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Patricio

• RegUS_PatOff

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

I don't know, My son is in Michigan for a while, his house that is vacant is in central Texas & I live in South Texas 140 miles away. All we know is that the house management realtor says the ice maker is not working. For all I know the refer may not be working correctly. Thank you for the Ice maker manual, could I possible get the refrigerator manual also so if something else may be wrong I can figgure it out. I will be without computer & Repair Clinic. I will have to go into San Antonio to get part for repair.

145 mile trip for service call. What I do for my children. Yes indeed. That's what fathers are for.

Patricio

... All we know is that the house management realtor says the ice maker is not working.

Did someome maybe turn the Fridge Water Supply OFF before the house became vacant ?

Could Have. Will find out when I get there Tuesday. I did ask my son if the refer was turned off or water or electric. He says renters told realtor that ice maker did not work, ladaldalada.

I was assured that realtor says unit is on. Son just wants me to check it out while I am up there. Like I said, just line up ducks, An old boy scout I am...be prepared for the worst...hope for the best. Take everything in stride.

Freezer needs to be at +15F or colder for IceMaker to work ..

Starting from a room temperature Fridge, it may take a few hours for first batch of ice..

Does the Fridge Water Dispenser work ?

Is it possible I may have the service manual for whirlpool refrigerator model # GD5PHAXMS10?

Thank you gentleman appliance whisperers. :imnotworthy: Tame the Beasts. The appliance Gods smile upon yous.:thanks:

• Haha 1