Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

WHIRLPOOL GOLD Range YGY396LXPQ01

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pc604

pc604

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

Hello everyone,

I have a Whirlpool GOLD electric range model #YGY396LXPQ01 w/ an electronic oven control that's not responding to my key presses.

Does anybody have a keypad matrix chart for this particular model? I would like to simulate touchpad entry by shorting the proper pins together to determine whether it is the touchpad or board that has failed.

Unfortunately it is not showing any F1 or F2 errors.

Thank you for your time.

P.S. Is the touchpad sold separately? From my google searches, I've noticed the touchpad comes in a 'control panel kit' that costs well over $200. If it's just the touchpad membrane I need, I would prefer just purchasing that separately.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:02 AM

I can't find a matrix chart, but you can try this:

Recall last failure code:
press and hold the Off/Cancel key for 5 seconds

any part ordered from RepairClinic can be returned for a refund (less shipping)
including installed electrical parts

http://www.repaircli...tDetail/1394372

Touchpad-and-Control-Panel-W10122296-011

http://www.repaircli...tDetail/1061230
Oven-Control-Board-9757476-01000270.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

Unplug the keytail to see if you get the F2-E1 error, this will tell you if the control is sensing the keypad. The most common cause for control failure is corrosion on connectors. Check all connections before replacing components. And, no, the touchpad does not come seperately.

Edited by Chat_in_RI, 26 August 2012 - 07:12 AM.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:07 AM

... Unfortunately it is not showing any F1 or F2 errors.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:11 AM

Posted Imagepc604, on 26 August 2012 - 03:09 AM, said:

... Unfortunately it is not showing any F1 or F2 errors.

I took it to mean there were no errors with the connections intact, remove the keytail and see if you THEN get an error code...

Edited by Chat_in_RI, 26 August 2012 - 07:11 AM.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#6 pc604

pc604

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

I can't find a matrix chart, but you can try this:

Recall last failure code:
press and hold the Off/Cancel key for 5 seconds

any part ordered from RepairClinic can be returned for a refund (less shipping)
including installed electrical parts

I already tried the "Off/Cancel" key for 5 seconds w/o any response :( In fact, I'm not getting any response from any of the touchpad buttons. I've tried a continuity test between the pins of the ribbon connector while going through all the buttons, and I get continuity here and there, but without a matrix chart, I have no way of knowing for certain.

One thing I do know for certain is I have 120v to my oven control board transformer, and it seems to be sensing my door switch just fine as the 'Oven Light Relay (K4)' clicks in on the board when I open the door. Also, I believe the 'DLB relay' (K5) is working as I hear that click in about 5-10 seconds after plugging the unit back into the wall. BTW, what does DLB stand for?

I had no idea RepairClinic has such a good return policy. Thanks for letting me know. At least I can return one of the parts if need be.

#7 pc604

pc604

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

Unplug the keytail to see if you get the F2-E1 error, this will tell you if the control is sensing the keypad. The most common cause for control failure is corrosion on connectors. Check all connections before replacing components. And, no, the touchpad does not come seperately.

Yes, it does give me a F2 error when I unplug the keypad connector. Nothing responds on the keypad though when plugged back in. I'm leaning towards the touchpad rather than the board, but I wish I could know for certain w/ a touchpad matrix. It's a shame they don't sell the touchpad standalone. IMHO, it's kind of a gouge to pay an extra $100+ for a front control panel I already have. Anyhow, thanks for the quick reply. BTW, a stupid question but I'm thinking Whirlpool doesn't disclose proprietary information such as touch pad matrix charts to the general public?

#8 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

DLB stands for double line break.

Are you sure somebody didn't hit the child lock button by accident?
Scott Wolf

#9 pc604

pc604

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

DLB stands for double line break.

Are you sure somebody didn't hit the child lock button by accident?

Good point Scott. Which button combinations for enabling/disabling child lock? I see the "start" button & "hold down button for 5 sec to lock". Would I do the same for unlocking?

Thanks

#10 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

Yes, hit the same buttons to unlock.
Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics