Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire FWT645RHSO

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 pzion

pzion

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

The "door locked" light comes on but then nothing - no sounds of anything. Previously it seemed like the door wasn't all the way closed and closing it harder would cause it to turn on. But now that doesn't help.

Also - is there a user manual anywhere?

Thanks.

Edited by pzion, 28 August 2012 - 07:39 AM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,872 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:41 AM

There's a tech sheet behind the bottom front panel; remove the screws at the very bottom of the panel to remove the panel. Tilting the washer back and propping on a 2x4 facilitates this.

Get the tech sheet and use it to put the unit into service mode to retrieve the stored error code. Sounds like a possible variant of a failed door latch assembly ==> http://www.repaircli...mber=FWT645RHS0

Posted Image

#3 pzion

pzion

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:15 AM

Thanks for that. We got to the tech sheet but didn't see anything about how to get the machine into service mode.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,872 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:23 AM

Just checked-- your model uses a mechanical timer and so won't have a diagnostic mode. There is, however, a troubleshooting procedure on the tech sheet. There should be a procedure there for diagnosing the door latch assembly.

#5 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

I would start by getting the new door latch from repairclinic and installing it. It may seem like it's just a blind stab and just throwing parts at it, but after repairing 100's of these I know this to be the best way to go. It's not easy to test the lock, and some times the the tests make you think it's ok when it's not. That latch is far and away the most common issue with your type washer. If you get the part from repairclinic, you can return it if you don't need it.

Nick
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#6 pzion

pzion

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:39 AM

We got the switch. It seems that someone previously didn't have (or maybe damaged) the wire clamp and spring that holds in the boot seal. Anyway - they glued the boot seal on. I assume there's no way that this would be how it was from the factory?

#7 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

Wrong, these older Frigidaire front load washers had the boot seal glued on the front panel of the washer FROM THE FACTORY. Frigidaire is the cheapest company out there and always looking to save money on manufacturing costs.
Scott Wolf

#8 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

I never remove the boot seal to remove and install the door locks on these, I just unscrew the door lock from the front panel, remove the top panel, pull the door lock up by the wires, remove one wire at a time and install one wire at a time on the new door lock, and remount the new door lock, screw it in and replace my top panel and I'm done.
Scott Wolf

#9 pzion

pzion

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

Any suggestions on how to remove it without damaging it? And how to reinstall?

Thanks.

#10 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

Any suggestions on how to remove it without damaging it? And how to reinstall?

Thanks.

Read above^^^
Scott Wolf

#11 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:46 AM

And if you really need to remove it, (to remove the complete wash tub assembly), carefully cut all the glued places with an exacto/razor knife as flush to the front panel as possible.

To reinstall use small dabs of supper glue at even points around the boot as you will see it was when you cut it loose.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#12 pzion

pzion

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

Thanks for the help. My friend installed the new switch. He did it from the bottom of the machine, which was open. It fixed it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics