Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
racerxport

Uh Oh new problem with my Maytag Washer

11 posts in this topic

OK my Maytag Model#MAV5000AWW, doesn't spin anymore in the spin cycle without the help of me spinning the tub to get it going, so while I wait for my pulley and bearing kit the washer has decided it doesn't want to work at all. I came home and saw the clothes were not dry enough for the dryer and set the dial to spin (as I have been doing for the past week) when I pulled out the dial on the right the motor came on for a second and then nothing. I thought I blew a fuse but the outlet has power. It's not the lid switch either as it won't even fill the tub with water as if I were trying to do a new load. I took the back metal off the control panel hoping to find a fuse or something but no luck. I have a multi-meter to check voltages but not sure where to start. Need help thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

the Fusible Link inside the Lid Switch may have blown

check for continuity between the Black and the Red wires.

(Lid Switch can be open or closed)

Ok this is wierd I took the top panel off to get a better look at the black and red wires going to the lid switch, when I put my meter on the two I got continuity. I then plugged in the washer and it worked! What the heck?? I'm guessing a loose wire?

It's back to not working and I now have no continuity between the red and the black wires, or at least it's in the mega ohm range.

Ok I understand that the problem may be the fusable link but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't so I'm thinking it's not any type of fuse because once it's burnt that's it right?? Is this fusable link the same theory as a standard fuse?? Thanks

correct ...

unless the Lid Switch itself is going bad ...

otherwise ... ? ? ?

May also be a bad spot in the timer. Very common with these timers.

OK new switch problem solved thanks, back to the no spinning problem still exists

Did you replace the pulley and bearing kit? Also try a new belt. Did you check to see if something was caught between the tub and spin basket?

Thanks Nick I put a new pulley and bearing kit in, and it's fixed, although it was a pain in the ass to get the shaft down far enough to get the shim on behind the retaining clip. (see other post)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0