Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidenceā€¦

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
amajamar

Frigidaire Gallery Washer, Loud Rapid Banging on Spin

6 posts in this topic

I have a GLTF1670AS1 washer and it just started banging loudly upon the spin cycle. I watched carefully as the drum was spinning and it did not seem as if the load was unbalanced. I'm thinking the belt is starting to fray and a section is banging against the case somehow. Does this make any sense? If so, is this a difficult repair?

Thanks in advance!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

post YouTube video ?

You might have broken shocks, a broken spinner support or one of the concrete counterweights on the outer tub broke loose.

Further evaluation today shows the banging only occurs when going into high speed. When I grab one of the plastic bars on the inside of the tub and pull back and forth, the drum bangs. So, is that a bearing or spinner support? Is either of those items difficult to repair?

Edited by amajamar

That's a spinner support, and yes it's a rather difficult repair.You will probably have to replace the whole rear half of the outer tub as well.

You will need this:

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Inner-Tub/131618500/407854

AND this:

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Rear-Drum-with-Bearing/131525500/407639

Unfortunately, due to the price of the parts it looks like this machine is ready to be retired.

Edited by Scottthewolf