LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Kenmore Mod # 417.44252501 Starts & stops, starts & stops

Waneewek

I have a kenmore front load washer Mod.# 417.44252501. When I turn it on in a wash mode and press the start button. The door locks and it starts to fill and then it stops. A couple of minutes go by and it starts to fill again and stops and so on. If I put it in drain/spin and press the start button, it starts to drain and stops and a couple of minutes go by and it starts to drain again and stops and so on.

I can hear a relay closing up by the soap dispenser and control board area, and then the machine starts back up and then stops. Of course the Tech sheet is AWOL. Any of your thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Wan

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RegUS_PatOff

• Waneewek

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

does it re-start by itself ?

any error codes / flashing lights / beeps ?

Yes, It restarts by itself. I hear like a relay clicking from the control board on the soap dispenser side and then it starts for avery short time and stops. No error messages, beeps, or flashing lights.

I've seen that they eliminated the reed switch for the dispenser drawer from the new control boards. Could that be whats clicking or causing this problem?

Wan

It may be the Water Valves "clicking" (post YouTube video) ?

It may be a bad Main Controller

click on picture

Main-Control-Board-137005030-01240236.jpg

tech sheets

134542000.pdf

link PM'd