Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

deanfaw1

Frigidaire Freezer GLFU2067FW2 - CE error code

10 posts in this topic

Frigidaire Freezer GLFU2067FW2 - CE error code

This simple freezer is driving me crazy because it's usually the simple crap that throws us for a wild goose chase. The CE error keeps comming up and the unit just beeps. I tried resetting it both at the display board and via a hard reset. Nothing worked. The freezer is at proper temp 0F on the dot both on my meter and the display. I'm thinking the CE is for communication error but I could be wrong. It say opperational error on the error code sheet contact technician. Evap fan runs compressor runs fine. Anyone ever run into this issue before? I replaced main pcb and display pcb and still have the same error. Please help.

Thanks,

Dean

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

does the display alternate between CE and the temperature ?

Does it also beep every 5 seconds ?

Does the Alarm / Reset turn the beep OFF ?

Yes. All of the above.

Check for broken wire in the door between the lower hinge and the control

1 person likes this

User interface display shows “CE”.

This indicates a communication error between the user interface and electronic module.

1. Check the connectors in the wiring between the user interface and electronic module.

2. Replace the user interface.

3. Replaced electronic module.

4. Re-check the wiring

5. Replace the Door.

I will double down with kdog..... ( look close at the zip tied wire harness )...........Some where out there, there are some pictures of a repair I done did on this type of failure.....Gotta figure out how to find 'all posts started' by poster, cuz it was a while ago................The first repair I performed for this failure, all I did was, replaced the wires from the control box to the display and taped the display to the rear of the unit..( freezer is in the middle of the floor at the end of a counter )...

thanks guys I will take this advice out to the field to finish this job off. I have a sneaky suspicion that there is a broken wire at the zip tie underneath the door hinge. I will track this problem down. I will let you know. Thanks,

Dean

Thanks guys it was a broken harness inside the door. The control panel is now at the toe kick location on the far right side. Owner approved work around. Thanks guys.

2 people like this

The control panel is now at the toe kick location on the far right side. Owner approved work around. Thanks guys.

Clever fix! Would love to see a photo if you have one.

1 person likes this