Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
ApplianceDoctor

GE Washer Motor Brake

7 posts in this topic

I have GE washer that will not spin or agitate. Checked flashing light on inverter and light blinks once then pauses for 7 seconds. Tech paper says if you have 1 flash and long stop time to replace motor (brake). I checked with supply house and they tell me that there is nothing listed on the parts brake down as a motor brake. Does anyone out there have any helpful information.

Thanks

Appliance Doctor

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

first, try this:
To clear errors, disconnect power until an audible clicking sound is heard (approximately 15 seconds).
Open and close the lid 5 or more times in any 12-second period within the first 30 seconds of power-up.
Errors will not clear if washer is in either agitate or spin mode.

otherwise
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/1567334

Drive-Motor-WH20X10057-01083486.jpg

The tech sheet said to replace the motor brake. What part is and where is the motor brake?

I have GE washer Model# WJRR4170G1WW. Tech said to replace motor brake. Where is and what part is the motor brake? The parts supply house said they didn't see anything listed or called a motor brake.

do you mean clutch assy?

This is an inverter motor washer...brake is electronic and is part and parcel of the motor assembly ....$$$$.

do you have a flashing code on the led on the motor?

have you tried to clear it? (Unplug 5 min, plug in and lift and close lid 6 times within 30 sec of power up):