Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***CLICK HERE AND READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Patricio

Whirlpool GU3600XTSY1

8 posts in this topic

Whirlpool Gold dishwasher GU3600XTSY1 clean light blinking rapidly, no set sequence. 2 other wash cycle lights alternate blinks.

Not the 7 blink cycle. Tech sheet says to do check keyboard operation. Consists of diconnecting power, dismantling control console, unpluging keyboard ribbon from contol at P1 (there are 2 ribbons & 2 P1's. Any way power up unit close door & see if it goes into drain cycle (it does). Therefore sheet says replace keypad not control panel.

Has anybody repaired one of these units before? And i can find contol board @ repair clinic But not keypad. Can any one help?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/1202414

If a Key is shorted, the LED above it would blink.
You could check a few of those Keys using the matrix chart in the tech sheets

That is what I fiqured. The tests I did according to the tech tells me to replace the keypad assembly, The control board is good. I just can't find on Repair Clinics parts site to purchase. Maybe I need to call them.

So what I am hearing is to check the blinking keys, 4 of them for the shorts. Ok, no problem but I don't seem to be able to find the replacement parts for the individual keys. The tech sheet is telling me to "If any switches fail this test, replace the console panel/keypad assembly." Any ideas how to find this part from Repair Clinic? I don't seem to find it listed for this particular model, only the main control board. Patricio

OH...My Bad...Thanks a bunch...Not for the faint of heart...Sorry...quess I got ate up with a case of the dumb-arse..

Installed the keyboard control panel yesterday. Part not cheap & not much to it, Most of the "working parts" had to be stripped from the old part. Put the unit into the diagnostic mode, cycled thru & everything works fine. Took out of diagnostic mode then put it in normal cycle, picked up my tools, presented the invoice. Left satisfied with a job well done.