Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scherp

Whirlpool Estate Washer won't spin with moderate to heavy load

6 posts in this topic

I have a Whirlpool Estate Washer, that won't spin in the spin cycle with a moderate to heavy load. The agitator works and I can get it the basket to spin if I help it, but won't spin at top speed. I checkout the motor coupler and it looks good. There is a little grease on the floor under the right side of the transmission when looking from the front. Any idea what wrong?

I have gone over the washer 3 times and can't find a model number, this is the information on the front panel. If someone could let me know where to find the model number I would greatly appreciate it.

Whirlpool Estate

Heavy Duty Super capacity 8 cycles 4 combination

1/2 hp motor

Double Action Agitator

Self cleaning filter

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

open Lid

model number on rear of Tub rim

How's the Clutch ?

something stuck between Basket & Tub ?

The model number is TAWS800JQ1

There nothing stuck between the basket and tub.

I'm not sure about the clutch, since I can only see the out side of the clutch housing. There are particles on the top of the transmission housing. I can only turn the agitator by hand a quarter of turn counter clockwise. The motor is not attached. I do have ring of grease on the inside the cabinet.

Edited by Scherp

I will take the clutch apart to see if grease did get into it.

I took the transmission out and the clutch was dry, but worn and the transmission cover was leaking oil. I open the transmission and it still had oil in it and the gears looked good, so I replace the oil and resealed the cover tight using RV sealant. I replaced the clutch and washer worked on one load so far.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0