Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scherp

Whirlpool Estate Washer won't spin with moderate to heavy load

6 posts in this topic

I have a Whirlpool Estate Washer, that won't spin in the spin cycle with a moderate to heavy load. The agitator works and I can get it the basket to spin if I help it, but won't spin at top speed. I checkout the motor coupler and it looks good. There is a little grease on the floor under the right side of the transmission when looking from the front. Any idea what wrong?

I have gone over the washer 3 times and can't find a model number, this is the information on the front panel. If someone could let me know where to find the model number I would greatly appreciate it.

Whirlpool Estate

Heavy Duty Super capacity 8 cycles 4 combination

1/2 hp motor

Double Action Agitator

Self cleaning filter

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

open Lid

model number on rear of Tub rim

How's the Clutch ?

something stuck between Basket & Tub ?

The model number is TAWS800JQ1

There nothing stuck between the basket and tub.

I'm not sure about the clutch, since I can only see the out side of the clutch housing. There are particles on the top of the transmission housing. I can only turn the agitator by hand a quarter of turn counter clockwise. The motor is not attached. I do have ring of grease on the inside the cabinet.

Edited by Scherp

I will take the clutch apart to see if grease did get into it.

I took the transmission out and the clutch was dry, but worn and the transmission cover was leaking oil. I open the transmission and it still had oil in it and the gears looked good, so I replace the oil and resealed the cover tight using RV sealant. I replaced the clutch and washer worked on one load so far.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0