Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

What are the odds?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 telefunkenu47

telefunkenu47

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

erc's, mcu's, ccu's???!
Even root canal is easy...if you're a dentist...

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,639 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

Yep, the whole banana. I use this as a discretionary deal sweetener to close the sale rather than as an automatic policy. So, if a machine is in bad shape or obviously misused or the customer is a Neanderthal, I would not offer the Total Appliance Coverage deal. But, in many cases, this has made the difference between doing a repair or just walking away with the service call fee. So far, out of hundreds of these arrangements, I've had to buy an ERC and a defrost heater. Big deal. If you're charging by the flat rate book, you can easily absorb that. And the word of mouth referrals I get-- you just can't buy that kind of advertising!

#23 telefunkenu47

telefunkenu47

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

Paradigm shift
Even root canal is easy...if you're a dentist...

#24 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

I compared some of the repairs I have done with the OBB, Most of my pricing was pretty close, But some of the repairs were way off, I did not charge enough. And some of the OBB prices...it hain't happening in neiborhood. I don't know if I could handle a years warrenty, So close to the ocean air.
I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#25 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

Man yo got BIG we-vols. Have yet to experience a callback, but, a years worth? You must have a lot of business to afford that chance. I replaced a couple of high dollar boards that I think failed because of electric spikes. The electric storms we get down here along the coast can get pretty wicked. I recommend to everybody to get them small surge boards for the electronic appliances, 'cause you never know. Stories I can tell about lighting strikes I've experienced, yes your hair stands on end. Big Kahunas Samurai, Big.

I could handle the labor-service bit, the price of parts not so good. But I like what you are saying. :turned: Patricio
I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#26 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,978 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

with regards to giving a discount and customer expecting the same pricing for future repairs : simply charge the customer full price for the first repair then add a line on the invoice called "one time discount" subtracting the amount from your full price.  Customer will then know two things 1) the value of your service/his discount and 2) it aint gonna happen again. You can always hide behind "corporate policy."

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics