Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore 80 Series Washer -full of water -stopped working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tamfflcommissioner

tamfflcommissioner

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

Respected Appliantologists,

I have here a Kenmore 80 Series washer. Type 111. Model 110-24862300. Serial CP4742214.

The load is what I consider to be normal-sized. I didn't stuff it. I came to switch to dryer and there is sat. Full of water. Turning the timer and other selector knobs doesn't make anything happen. I unplugged the machine and plugged in to the other receptacle and still nothing. I confirmed that the outlet is live by plugging in a fan.

The laundry load is some of my Dad's clothes at my grandmother's house. He died yesterday morning and I am trying to clean up and make arrangements, find his Army discharge papers from Vietnam, keep my grandmother out of my hair and not be bitter about the fact that Kenmore is nothing more than a storefront. Smile.

What say you all? Bad timer? Bad timing? Washer just wanted to last longer than him? Ha!

Many thanks!

-Jeff

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

:-( ...condolences on the loss of your Dad...
sounds like a lid switch failure...find the plunger on the inside of the lid...plastic, prolly 1 1/4" long. Follow it down to the hole it goes into to depress the lid switch.
get a small screwdriver and press that lid switch actuator....does it click? Is there some resistance or does the actuator seem to be just flopping there?
to get you by until you can replace this...remove the case (2 screws bottom of the control console, flip the console back and remove the brass colored spring clips holding the case to the back plate, then tip case forward and remove)...cut the 2 wires going to the switch and wirenut them together. This will get it working until you can get a new switch.
good luck!
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#3 tamfflcommissioner

tamfflcommissioner

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

kurtiusinterupptus,

Thanks for the kind words and guidance. Did what you said and nothing happened but I noticed tsomething hanging down under the lid. The metal switch actuator. I took the screws out, cut the switch out and hotwired the lines.

Worked like a charm. I'll order a switch next week.
Thanks so much!

-Jeff

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=547222

Lid-Switch-Assembly-3949238-00693553.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics