Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

KitchenAid KUDI02IRBL1 - Check Valve?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JoeIsuzu

JoeIsuzu

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

First, I'm not positive about the model number. I can't tell if there's an "O" or "0" in it. Judge for yourself.
Attached File  KitchenAid-Dishwasher.jpg   34.47KB   6 downloads
After running the sink for a while, water backed up into the dishwasher and all over the floor. Of course there was lots of stuff in the disposal and thus the water was not draining. I cleared the disposal, and the dishwasher was able to pump the water out on its own.

Isn't there a check valve that should prevent this from happening?

Thanks.
Jack

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Folgers

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

The drain hose from your dishwasher is probably connected to your disposal. From there water will naturally drain down into the bottom of your DW unless there is a high loop in the DW drain hose to prevent it. Do this: If there is enough slack in the DW drain hose, gather it up and tie it up in a way so there is a loop in the hose as close as possible to the top of the sink, then re- attach it to the disposal. That way, any water would have to get above the highest point in the loop to get into the DW.

#3 JoeIsuzu

JoeIsuzu

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

Does that mean "no check valve"? I'm trying to avoid pulling the dishwasher out, if possible.

I've had this dishwasher for a few years, and this just started happening this week. If it's because the hose isn't high enough--wonder why this hasn't happened until now...

In fact, here's a check valve that's supposed to be for this dishwasher...

Thanks.
Jack

Edited by JoeIsuzu, 15 September 2012 - 05:50 PM.

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:03 PM

Check Valve (flap) # 5
remove # 3, 1, 7, 8, 6
Posted Image

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 JoeIsuzu

JoeIsuzu

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

Ahh, that helps. The photo (in the catalog) did indeed look like a flap. Looks pretty simple, mechanically. ;) I'm assuming it' may not be completelyy water tight, but should certainly prevent major backflow.

Does it sometimes get clogged/blocked OPEN by large food fragments? Or do they just fail?

Thanks.
Jack

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

could be ...

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics