Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

106.57869801 beeping,dispensing ice and water!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 macchiattomom

macchiattomom

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Espresso

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

This was an evening right out of a horror movie! I was in another room and heard the ice dispensing out of the fridge, and dispensing, thought maybe a kid was trying to get ice and the dumb thing jammed and they werent thinking. Upon approaching the fridge, no human in sight and the light is flashing in the dispenser, it is beeping, ice is coming out of the ice side and water out of the water. I pull on them wondering how the **&^&* they could both be jammed, none of the control buttons will allow me to lock the control panel or do anything, just beeps at me. My mind is whirling, shut off the water but the ice dispenser will continue to "dispense" or run, and the machine will still have the "command" to dispense water. Open the door woman! I do and whew, relief for a moment...... I'm waiting at this point for some sort of paranormal being to come out of my refridgerator. I won't go into all my troubleshooting nightmare, suffice it to say I'd turned the electricity off to the unit at least 4 times waiting at least 20 minutes, left the freezer side door open to "thaw" incase something in the freezer door was frozen and wet?. Every time upon restart, within 15 minutes, it'd start beeping and dispensing both sides and the light wigging out. Finally I figure out how to get the dispenser cover off and unplug the control panel or whatever that computerized P.O.S. is. I was worried because you control temperature of fridge and freezer from there I'd be hosed and loose all my groceries. However upon unplugging everything continuted to run and get to proper temperature. So I have a temporary fix. I have a couple of options, replacing that board if that's the issue, closing her up and just grabbing ice out of the door, ( where I'm at right now) which is frustrating with a unit of barely three years. My largest question is upon unplugging the circut board I decided to unplug this other section thinking it was sending the message to the dispenser section in the door, so before I close up for temporary decision making should I re-plug that part in or does it send messages to the ( ice bin section) the part in question is two baby blue wires with an orange end that plug into a white end with a dark blue and white wire that channels into the main circut board plug. ( this is the one in the door) and am I risking any other controls by not replacing that circut board? I'm including a photo. The fridge is a kenmore elite 106.57869801. Thanks for any advice! We try to buy all our appliance parts / lawnmower etc. from you first in thanks for your wisdom!

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 macchiattomom

macchiattomom

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

addendum to info above, on the circutboard attached to the dispensing display pad, the black plastic 14pin plug in, there is a bit of whitish/green tint residue at the top of the plug. Kind of like battery crud if your vehicle battery had gunk build up on the posts. Not a lot but I'm sure it means something

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

... but I'm sure it means something

means it could use some cleaning ... it's conductive

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 macchiattomom

macchiattomom

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

I guess I'd like to get to the bottom of the problem, why did this occur? Something caused the failure that is "not normal" Don't think I'll risk cleaning and putting it back in. If that had happened while I was not home I would not have come home to good situation, don't know which would have caused ultimate disaster the ice bin chucking the ice out continually and burning the motor up to what avail or the water just flooding the place. Any ideas on the plug that I should or should not plug back in with the photo and descrip?

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

corrosion could be from the air if you live near oceans,
OR if you live in one of those houses built with China Drywall

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 DanInKansas

DanInKansas

Kohai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lion Imperial or Shiner Bock

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:05 AM

I don't believe you're risking anything leaving that unplugged. The main control board isn't going to burn it self out because it can't complete a 5 or 12 volt DC circuit.

I am interested in one thing. Does this model have two paddles, one for ice and water, or just one paddle, and you choose ice and water at the user interface?

If you have just one paddle, look over to your left from where the picture was taken. Look for a small box with two wires attached to it, and a button in the back. It's called a microswitch. That may be stuck closed.

If you have two paddles, then ignore this, you're on the right track with your board.

#7 macchiattomom

macchiattomom

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Thanks Dan for the info, it does have two paddles. RegUS... nope I'm in the desert! 104 degree dry as all get out! Thanks again for lettin me know it's safe to leave unplugged. Just didn't bother with the one in question either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics