Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher & Paykel WA37T26G Washer - No Power

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 elceser

elceser

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Shock Top

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

Machine stopped several times, but restarted when load rebalanced. Now will not power up with front switch, 120VAC at outlet and Control Module input terminals.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

Dead machine is 99.999% caused by a dead control board. The most common cause of a dead control board is a pump wet from leaking shorted-out the board. Doesn't have to be a large leak that puddles on the floor, just enough of a drip to get the pump wet. Look under the machine at the pump for evidence of leaking -- rusting, mineral deposits.

#3 elceser

elceser

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Shock Top

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:36 AM

Pump does have rusting and mineral deposits.

Resistance is less than an ohm low of spec? Is pump necessarily shot? I am going to remove and inspect.

If board is damaged, anyone have any luck replacing board components? i.e. DigiKey

#4 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:09 AM

The pump is a goner. Don't try to save it.

There's a fuse hard-soldered on the board that a few have tried replacing ... but success on that endeavor depends on whether other board components are bad. F&P does not publish components specs so it all hinges on one's facility with electronics.

There apparently has been a large drop in pump quality in recent years. I have a 1999 GWL08 that had a pump replacement (its first repair) at 12 years, which I paid attention and caught the problem before board damage occurred. Also have a 2004 IWL12, also has had no repairs thus far.

#5 asteysn2

asteysn2

Asteysn2

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Newcastle, Watneys, Stone's IPA

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

All the gwl 11 and 15 units are now coming with a 2.5 amp loblo fuse in the drain pump circuit, which protects the board if the pump goes south. Not sure if the 37's are like that as well.
Robert Sankey
Coastal Appliance, Heating & Air
email: coastalserve@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics