Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Front Load Washer Model#110.47789701

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FISHIZZLE

FISHIZZLE

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:laughing lab

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hello my fellow appliance repair friends...Received a distress call saying beast was dispensing all its liquids, soap, fabris softener, ect. into the drum before it even starts.....that can't be right.....I've never worked on a dispenser like this before, just wondering if this is a common problem and what to possibly look for? Could it be the switch-dis W10283468? Thanks for your time!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:41 PM

Yes, I've had this happen before, if it happens repeatedly if will trigger a fault code and machine will shut down. Replace the part you mentioned above.
Scott Wolf

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

Dispenser Actuator
http://www.repaircli...tDetail/1878492

Dispenser-Actuator-W10352973-00651761.jp

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 FISHIZZLE

FISHIZZLE

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:laughing lab

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

Put a new actuator in it, ran a normal cycle to see where water was being dispensed, looks like it was being dispensed on the soap side. Then I cancelled it, started a rince cycle. With that cycle it looked like it was being filled and flushing the softener side of the dispenser. I was watching all this with the lid off, and the actuator was doing its thing. Seemed ok to me. Customer called back this morning saying its dispensing all liquids at the start. Am I missing something here, is this the normal dispensing process? Thanks

No fault codes

#5 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

The detergent, if liquid will drip into the tub as soon as you put it in, but i have seen times when people overfill the bleach and softener and then when they push the drawer in and the liquids slosh and start the siphon

#6 mark mac

mark mac

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

customer is overfillin and slamming drawer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics