Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Asko 7003 Belt Replacement

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 genenpet

genenpet

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Full Sail

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

Hey there - very newbie question. I've read a few posts about Asko belt replacements (http://applianceguru...6940&forum_id=2) . Tonight I took apart the dyer and replaced the broken belt, but it is not tight enough to turn the drum. The belt is threaded correctly on the tensioner according to the diagrams I've found. With nothing in the drum it will run sort of, but add anything like load and it won't turn.

I did not replace the spring and tension arm wheel b/c they looked fine (that is, I didn't order the full kit). Is this what I've done wrong - do I just need the new spring (and to give another $100 to repairclinic for a spring and plastic wheel?)

Many thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

Yes, it sounds like you need to order the full kit. The spring on the belt tensioner might be weak and overstretched.

As with many imported brands of appliances or as we call the imported brands like Asko the "boutique brands", prices on both parts and repairs are outrageously high.

Edited by Scottthewolf, 24 September 2012 - 11:08 PM.

Scott Wolf

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:15 PM

... and replaced the broken belt, but it is not tight enough to turn the drum.

what Belt part number did you use ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 genenpet

genenpet

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

I first used:
http://www.repaircli...odelNumber=7003

And on order now is:
http://www.repaircli...odelNumber=7003

Thanks for the replies.

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

the $ 92 kit also comes with a $ 47 belt

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 genenpet

genenpet

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:35 AM

Ugh - this is turning in to one of my least favorite projects ever. Now I really need some help.

So to bring you up to speed, the correct belt and pulley worked fine (it actually was a different belt part number - the right one was part of the kit). Once installed, horrible sounds ensued. This turned out to be because of the imbalance created when I changed out one of the two wheels that support the front of the dyrer, but not the second. The second one generally looked ok, but presumably was not the same size as the brand new one (from wear) and this was enough to make the dryer very unhappy.

No problem - replace the second wheel (another $50 to repairclinic).

Now all seems to be well. Heat, tumbling, yay.

I notice though, that the Dry program doesn't appear to be moving along - that is, you start it and it never finishes. I make a mental note of this, and warn wife not to leave it running.

So of course, dryer is left running overnight - I come out to it this morning still in the dry program from last night, but no heat.

Now, no heat comes out at all when I restart the program.

Thoughts about what I broke initially to trigger it to run infinitely? And then thoughts about what that might have broken in turn?

My (bad guess): Thermistor broke during wheel installation, followed by heating element burning out from running all night?

Ugh - thanks so much in advance to all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics