Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Asko T721 squeaking on startup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 crjett

crjett

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

Very loud, high-pitched squeal on startup. After 3-4 minutes it stops completely. I'm thinking the front roller. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on narrowing it down? Thanks in advance.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

Nope, a bad roller would only get noisier as the dryer heats up. It's a bad motor, the bearings are going bad in the motor. When the motor sits for awhile the bearing isn't being lubricated by the oil, once the motor starts moving, the bearing gets lubricated by the oil and the noise goes away. After awhile, the motor may not start.

Here is what you need: http://www.repaircli.../8061895/763264
Scott Wolf

#3 crjett

crjett

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

Thanks for the input, Scott.

Any other suggestions for things to swap out while I'm ordering parts and have it torn apart? The dryer is 7 years old and runs at least once a day. In July '11 I replaced the drive belt, but other than that the dryer has been pretty dependable (the Asko washer... not so much).

Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics