Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DanInKansas

U-Line Undercounter refrig U-CLRC02175S-40 errors

3 posts in this topic

Got a no-cool call on this. Plugged it in on arrival and put an amp meter on it... Compressor would pull current for a few minutes and then kick out. Start relay rattled like a maraca; resistance readings on the compressor looked good.

Ordered a new relay, went out and put it on. Compressor went into operation, but then I got a new set of error codes: control board says all three thermisters are open or shorted to ground.

By this point, I had this thing bolted up and back in its cabinet. I know the right thing to do would be to go back, unship it and take resistance readings on the thermisters, but I am having a really hard time believing all three thermisters bought the farm at the same time. I am leaning towards ordering a control board.

Don't know much about U-Lines and what their history is: has anyone else seen simultaneous thermister failure?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Black Cabinet with Stainless Steel Door

Daily Ice Rate Up to 40 lbs

Stores Up to 15 lbs. of Ice

2.5 Cu. Ft.

Height 34"

Width 24"

Depth 24"

CLRCO2175S-40 $3,789

http://appliantology...service-manual/

2115R

2115WC

2115WCOL

2175/2275DWRR

2175R

2175RF

2175WC

2175WCOL

CLR2160

CLRCO2175

CO2175/CO2275DWR

CO2175F

2175BEV

2275DWRWS

2275DWRWOL

2275ZWC

2275ZWCOL

1115R

1115WC

1175BEV

1175R

1175WC

ADA24R

I'm not trying to be dense but I'm not sure what you're getting at there. From the service manual: "If a temperature is indicated, the thermistor is not defective." I can adjust the temps on the board. I still have a hard time believing all three thermistors went out at the same time.

That's really my question to the folks here: Has anyone seen that? Would you believe the control board because you've seen that kind of multiple failure before, or would you take it as a sign the control board has gone out?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0