Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

U-Line Undercounter refrig U-CLRC02175S-40 errors

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DanInKansas

DanInKansas

Kohai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lion Imperial or Shiner Bock

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

Got a no-cool call on this. Plugged it in on arrival and put an amp meter on it... Compressor would pull current for a few minutes and then kick out. Start relay rattled like a maraca; resistance readings on the compressor looked good.

Ordered a new relay, went out and put it on. Compressor went into operation, but then I got a new set of error codes: control board says all three thermisters are open or shorted to ground.

By this point, I had this thing bolted up and back in its cabinet. I know the right thing to do would be to go back, unship it and take resistance readings on the thermisters, but I am having a really hard time believing all three thermisters bought the farm at the same time. I am leaning towards ordering a control board.

Don't know much about U-Lines and what their history is: has anyone else seen simultaneous thermister failure?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:01 PM

Black Cabinet with Stainless Steel Door
Daily Ice Rate Up to 40 lbs
Stores Up to 15 lbs. of Ice
2.5 Cu. Ft.
Height 34"
Width 24"
Depth 24"
CLRCO2175S-40 $3,789

http://appliantology...service-manual/
2115R
2115WC
2115WCOL
2175/2275DWRR
2175R
2175RF
2175WC
2175WCOL
CLR2160
CLRCO2175
CO2175/CO2275DWR
CO2175F
2175BEV
2275DWRWS
2275DWRWOL
2275ZWC
2275ZWCOL
1115R
1115WC
1175BEV
1175R
1175WC
ADA24R

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 DanInKansas

DanInKansas

Kohai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lion Imperial or Shiner Bock

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

I'm not trying to be dense but I'm not sure what you're getting at there. From the service manual: "If a temperature is indicated, the thermistor is not defective." I can adjust the temps on the board. I still have a hard time believing all three thermistors went out at the same time.

That's really my question to the folks here: Has anyone seen that? Would you believe the control board because you've seen that kind of multiple failure before, or would you take it as a sign the control board has gone out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics