Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
wapitiscat

Samsung RF263AEWP diagnostics

7 posts in this topic

I used the service manual for the RF267A RF26XA to guide me through the disassembly of my refrigerator evaporator cover to get at the ice that had formed there. I had to get the unit back up and running and didn't get a chance to do any more troubleshooting. The LED panel diagnostic instructions in the service manual refer to button combinations that aren't on my RF263. If this unit has such a feature, does anyone know how to access it? I'd like to get some more info before I go in with my multi meter.

Todd

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I can't find a picture of the buttons on your control panel (upload one) ?

Sears shows that your control is # 2

DA97-07049Q

the same part number as on

RF26XAERS

RF26XAEWP

which should be included in the service manual

50037804-00003.png

That looks like the panel (page 20 in the User Manual).The Service manual for the RF26XA refers to a Lighting/alarm button that is pressed along with the Power Freeze (?) button to initiate the diagnostic program. My unit doesn't have a Lighting /alarm button. The RF263 may not have a diagnostic. Or, is that just crazy talk?

Todd

I can't find a picture of the buttons on your control panel (upload one) ?

Here's a screen grab from the user manual. Identical except that I have my display set to Fahrenheit.post-21311-0-88432700-1348524998_thumb.j

So, I have a 265 in 263's clothing,eh? Thanks for the info. Now, when I start the diagnostic by following the manual instructions and press/hold the Power Freeze and Power Cool buttons for 8 sec, the display shows "88" (all LED legs lit) on both sides. I'm assuming that this means there's no error code to report. If that's correct, can I assume that the sensor and heater for the refigerator evap are OK?

Todd