Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:25 PM
I am working on a Amana 4 burner gas cooktop. The left rear and right front burners are not igniting and after switching around the spark ignitors I have deduced that it requires a new spark module (insert comment if you disagree with my diagnosis here ) However I am a little unsure of how to get to the spark module. There is a small access plate under the unit (towards the front of the counter) but it doesn't look big enough to get to the spark module if it is even in there. Does anyone have any experience on where the thing is and how to get to it?
Any help is appreciated,
#14 on this diagram
This is the cooktop
Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:29 PM
Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:41 AM
1. Disconnect power supply and shut off gas supply to cooktop.
2. Support cooktop from below, to prevent damage to ducting.
3. Remove screws securing maintop to burner box.
4. Remove knobs from control panel, by pulling straight upward, and remove glass control panel.
5. Remove screws securing control panel to maintop.
6. Lift maintop up to remove from burner box.
7. Reverse procedure to reassemble, verifying that maintop is correctly placed on the burner box.
NOTE: When placing maintop back onto burner box verify gasket is properly in place.
one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”
every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962
RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cooktop, gas, spark module, amana
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users