Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE dishwasher GSD4920X65BB has blinking reset and PF message, and no functions/lights can be actuated.

GE dishwasher blinking reset and PF

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 danellis

danellis

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coffee

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

Initially, dw wouldn't operate and there was dirty water in the base of it. I removed the cover of the sump and felt around in gunk and could feel a piece of wire extending into sump from the pump area. I have no idea of its function, but I could wiggle it back and forth and bend it somewhat. I also removed rear screen and unscrewed a check valve to check it. The flexible "mushroom" head had a little bit of hard white crud on it, and when I tried to scrape it off, the head tore slightly at the out periphery. I think I should replace it with a new one but, for now, I screwed it back in and replace the screen. Next I pumped about 2.5 gallons of dirty water out of the washer so I could try to see what was going on, but that didn't help me. However, feeling around in the sump, I found a triangular piece of glass (from wine glass?) which I removed.

Next, tried again to operate the dw, but all it would do (and still does) is blink "PF" with "reset" also blinking (underneath the blinking PF). Pushing any of the control, including reset and start, does nothing to change this. Could this be the result of the water not pumping out - or vice versa. Should I be metering the control and, if so, which part?

I read somewhere that I should remove the lower spray head to access and check some kind of cutter blade for making food debris etc. smaller in order that the pump doesn't get stopped up.I haven't tried that yet.

I don't have a service manual or schematics for the dw. I did copy a somewhat fuzzy exploded view of the machine that showed me where the sump and check valve were located.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

PF
and Reset

IF DISHWASHER WAS IN USE WHEN THE POWER FAILURE OCCURRED:
1. Press the RESET pad and wait approximately 30 seconds.
2. Unlatch and open the door.
A ) If the detergent cup is open and empty and the dishwasher was set for
the NORMAL, POTS/PANS or CHINA CRYSTAL cycle, close door and put the load through a RINSE HOLD cycle.
After the RINSE HOLD cycle is completed, add detergent and reset the load for the washing cycle you want.
B ) If the detergent cup is closed and the dishwasher was set for the NORMAL, POTS/PANS or
CHINA CRYSTAL cycle, reset the dishwasher for the wash cycle you want.
C ) If the dishwasher was set for the RINSE HOLD cycle, reset the dishwasher for RINSE HOLD.
IF THE DISHWASHER WAS NOT IN USE when power failure occurred, use dishwasher as you normally would.
http://appliantology...series-31-3281/
Posted Image

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 danellis

danellis

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

Thank you for your response. The machine will not reset at all, but the PF and reset (underneath PFt - not on reset button itself) continue to blink. Next suggestion?

#4 danellis

danellis

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

Oh yes, thanks for the exploded view. Is member 550 reverse threaded - requiring unthreading of it in a clockwise direction? It is tight, and I don't want to force it the wrong way.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,022 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

Member 550 is left hand (reverse) thread. But Members 549 down to 550 (physically inclusive) are all replaced as a single unit now ==> http://www.repaircli...35X10011/771153

Posted Image

The base of this unit, Member 550, is right-hand thread.

#6 danellis

danellis

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

Thank you Fermented Grand Master. I will attempt to check out the chopper. In the meantime and in view of the blinking PF and reset signals, could you instruct me as to the problem possibly being the control - and how to troubleshoot.

#7 danellis

danellis

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

By the way, are there any fuses or fusible links that I should ohm out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics