Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
rar4663

Kenmore Icemaker

8 posts in this topic

I have a kenmore refrigerator with an icemaker manufactured 5/26/88. It recently stopped working (no ice). I replaced the water valves, still no ice. If I try to turn the gear in the front of the icemaker, it will cycle under its own power. Otherwise, I don't know what to do. Please advise.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Additional information. There's no ice in the line, there's no water in the line at all. The water side works great.

Please provide a model number since Kenmore is a private label and is made by many manufacturers.   We also need to see the design of the ice system, but cannot do so without the model number.  You could have a defective ice maker or bad wiring not giving power to the fill valve.

The refrigerator is a Kenmore Model 106.8562783

Time to break out your meter and see if the valve is actually getting 120vac toward the end of the harvest cycle.  If not, then you have a bad connection or a bad module.

Thanks- I ended up buying a new refrigerator. It's a Hotpoint. Is that bad?

Hotpoint is a GE brand, oh they're great.

I'm sure you'll be very happy.:laffinatchoo:

Thank you kindly for your help!