Thermador microwave oven MBBS/01
Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:27 PM
Replaced the transformer, magnetron, diode, and checked out all the other thermostats and fuse. Tested the capicator and the meter showed
!.07 microfarads(it's value on the label). turned the unit on, and everything was working, but in a few seconds there seemed to be a draw-down of power, the lights stayed on but dimmed, the water in the test cup got hot but it took longer to heat than normal.
Is this a bad capacitor or possibly something else?
Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:46 PM
Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:16 AM
If so look inside the the magntrons mounting hole , is the metal it faces melted or distorted , if it's a painted metal , is the paint burned ? (this cannot be fixed so don't even try)
if the metal has ANY damage of any kind , the microwave will never work right and will overheat the magntron
I am also just guessing but you did check the simple stuff , like the cooling fan
- Samurai Appliance Repair Man likes this
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users