Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skiter29

whirlpool Sport Duet

8 posts in this topic

just replaced rear bearing and inner tub on a sport Duet Model# wfw9150ww01 and called whirlpool for the extra concession they are suppose to give us on these since i didnt put the front portion of the outer tub they are making me go out and replace the front tub there was no wear what so ever on this front tub has anybody had any problems with this when u just replaced the inner and rear portion of the outer tub the lady from the partner team said there is a 77% failure rate if u dont replace the front i think bull shit i really dont want to go out there and do this repair all over agian i will order the front and just say i did it but if its gonna fail i will go out there and do it again any thoughts?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

you dont need the front tub rear should be enough, bs

Agreed, it's BS.

Funny that you brought this up. Whirlpool wants to come up with a complete outer tub, with the inner wash basket complete with the counterweights and the shaft assembly. All because techncians have complained that the disassembly and reassembly takes too long and having to order the rear half of the outer tub and the inner wash basket separately takes up too much space in the van.

ya im gonna order the front then just put it on the warranty claim whirlpool company is a piece of shit now

It's hard to see what the front half has to do with future fail rate on rear tub bearing/seal. Whirlpool is f'd up something fierce.

Yeah, the just sent me a fron half on a concession tub job. I didnt ask for it, the just sent it along. 2 year old duet ht bad bearings. Real POS

ther usin cheap seals and bearings

ther usin cheap seals and bearings

Must be leftovers from Maytag Neptunes and the Searcy SAV model washers.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0